11 months

Authors note:
The first part is strongly inspired by "After you" by Jojo Moyes, I just tought this one scene would fit for Chloe:)

Also hi I wrote this before s5 came out, but i still think it fits someow..? anyways now we have canon deckersar and I can live happily:))

***

Chloe's hands trembled as she opened the doors to the big balcony of the penthouse. A cool breeze met her as she slowly slid the doors  to each side. This is where they had said their last goodbye. This was the place that was going to haunt her forever.

She looked down at LA. The last 11 months all seemed like a blur. Solving new cases. Crying. Trying to get some sleep. Repeat. Maybe take a drink here and there.

A cold breeze caught her hair. "11 months." She whispered. "11 whole months. So when is it going to be enough?" She said a little louder into the darkness. And there it was- she could feel it boiling up again, the unexpected anger. Chloe glanced up at the sky. Was she supposed to glance down? She didn't know, she had been through this so many times the past months that she didn't really care anymore. "Because this doesn't feel like living. It doesn't feel like anything." Her voice broke at the last sentence. "You didn't give me a bloody life, did you? Not really. You just smashed up my old one. Smashed it into little pieces. What am I meant to do with what's left? When is it going to feel-" She stretched out her arms, feeling the cool night air against her skin, and realized she was crying again. "Fuck you, Lucifer." She whispered. "Fuck you for leaving me."

And it appeared again. The picture of the devil that wouldn't leave her mind. "Stop" Chloe whispered. "Stop it." And then the tears. The tears that wouldn't stop streaming down her cheeks like rivers.  Chloe got in again. The penthouse smelled of dust and something else she couldn't quite identify. She hadn't had the power to clean it yet. She laid down in the bed. It had lost his smell long ago, but she would recall all the memories. If she'd only accepted him sooner. If she hadn't gotten to Father Kinley, none of this would have happened. He would still be here, making his annoyingly ridiculous jokes, trying to get her to the bed. Not that she'd refuse this time though.

Chloe had no idea how long she laid there, just crying. But her eyes began to feel heavy, so she closed her them, and drifted to sleep.

***

New authors note because why not:
Thank you so much for reading!
Sorry this was a bit short.
English is not my mother tounge, so there is probably some mistakes here, but please inform me, and I will change them🥰 It would be lovely if you want to vote and comment (I love reviews and new ideas) and I'm always open for suggestions.
Again, thank you for reading!!