I don't do coffee

Maze was taking a drink with with Chloe at Lux when she saw her. The long dark brown hair that fell down in her eyes when she laughed. Maze could recognize that hair anywhere. The soft smile when she was giving someone a compliment. The long red dress she had wore when she left Maze that night, trying to find herself. Eve had changed a little, but she was still beautiful.

What was she doing here? A part of Maze wanted to go to her. But the other part resisted. What would she say?

Eve was sitting there, in the sofa, only a few yards away from her.
"Maze!" Chloe snapped Maze out of her toughts. "Maze what is up?"
"Nothing" Maze replied way to quickly. Chloe looked at her. Then she looked away. "Anyways, I'm going to find Lucifer. See you soon?" Maze just nodded absently. As Chloe rose from her chair, Maze looked back at where Eve had been just seconds ago. But Eve was gone. Maze sighted, and turned to pour another drink.

"Hey"

Maze didn't turn around. It didn't even take a second to recognize the soft voice.

"Maze."
Maze turned to face Eve.
"Hey"
Eve smiled her bright soft smile and sat down. "So... how are things going?" Maze hesitated.
"Well," she said. "We got Lucifer back." Maze suddenly began to wonder if her hair looked good. It surely was a mess now wasn't it? She put her hands to her hair and tried to make it look a little better.
Eve smiled again.
"How is Chloe doing?"
Maze couldn't help but smile she too. "Well since Lucifer got back she has hardly been anywhere else than by his side." Maze looked at what once was her friend. "So how have you been doing? Found yourself yet?" Eves smile faded. "About that," she said. "I've really, really been trying. I've been in about six different states, talked to a lot of people. Been in so many different places. But nothing really feels right. I came back to Lux because it is the only place I know I like. And then I saw you. And it just felt... different. I think you know what I mean, Maze." Eve smiled softly again. Maze stared at her. "I think I do." Eve looked down. "I guess what I'm trying to say is- uh- are u up for a coffee sometime?"
Maze smiled. "I don't do coffee."
"A drink then."
Maze nodded. Eve rose to her feet, sent Maze a last smile, and turned to go. Maze didn't know what made her do it. "Eve?" she said. "Is it like- you know- a... date?"

***

Authors note: heyy! I haven't proof-read this, so I bet there is a lot of spellingmitakes and stuff but...
I decided we needed some Maze and Eve, so I wrote some. Hope ya'll are doing well!