Epilogue

Theo stared down at his feet. He was at where it all started.

He had lost everything.

Family.

Friends.

A Wife.

He realized when Kimberly died. He couldn't find anyone else to love. She was the one for him.

Red + Blue.

Shadyside + Sunnyvale.

A girl in debt to die + a boy privileged enough to live.

She said that he had so much to live for. But he had her. She was the only one keeping him sane.

Theodore stopped day dreaming for a second. The small rocks crushing under his boots as he walked forward. It smelled of dust and death. As he walked through the cave.

The cave where it all started.

Crossing the police tape.

On display for evidence was the book.

He bent down examining the cover.

If Theo couldn't have a simple girl from Shadyside.

No one could have Shadyside.

Theo looked around him.
No one was there.

He picked up the book running down a empty cave hallway.
----
Theo stashed the book in the trunk of his car. He was going to meet Sam and Deena to "talk".

He sat outside the 7/11 on a bench. He and his wife used to live in the little blue house, about 2 houses down from the 7/11. They lived there before they moved to Sunnyvale.

The couple arrived a minute later.

"What happens now?" Theo asked.

"You move on. Find yourself a date," Deena grabbed her girlfriends hand at that point.

"I don't know if I could do that though..." Theo realized.

"It's just a girlfriend," Deena told the man.

"No. Not just a girlfriend. My wife. And you're one to talk. You're just plain selfish. You let 2 of you're friends die, just to save your girlfriend," Theo yelled at the girl. He didn't mean to. He had just lost the only person who understood what happened to him in 1982.

"Why are you upset with me? You just picked her up and moved town. And for what? So you can push her into your dumbass rich lifestyle? That sounds selfish!" Deena fought back.

"You know why we moved? We lived here!" Theo pointed to a little blue house. "But she was scared that she was going to be stabbed in the back. To the point of her not leaving the house. I DID WHAT WAS BEST FOR HER! I was making my wife happy," Theo finished off. He moved to his car leaving the meeting.

"For fucks sake, Can you believe that bullshit?," Deena said.

"I do," Sam realized.
----
He pulled into his driveway.

Opening the door he yelled ", Kim, love, I'm home-" He cut himself off.
She wasn't there to answer him. Not anymore.

He moved to the stairs. He looked to the book in his hands. Now he was really pissed.

He found himself sitting on the floor of his basement speaking an incantation.

Who would be the first victim of Theodore Hanson?