Exploring the new world

Mitsuri POV

"Hey...Shinobu....do you think the master's ok?" When I asked her she looked at me a little confused, she was silent for a moment before she spoke up. "What do you mean?" I started to fidget a little due to my nervousness. "Well it's just that...if we're all here then who's back with the master? I'm worried that something bad might happen back home."

Shinobu smiled as she sighed softly before she turned to me. "You seem to be forgetting about someone Mitsuri." When she said that I tilted her head, I lifted a hand to my chin as I thought about everyone that was currently with us. Before I could think about it to much she spoke up again.

"I noticed when we were deciding on who was staying in what room that Gyomei wasn't with us, which means he must still be back home with the master. I highly doubt that anything bad will happen to the master if he's there."

Now that she mentioned it she was right, Gyomei wasn't with us when we arrived here, I felt kind of embarrassed for not noticing that sooner. 'How did I not notice that?'

"Hey Mitsuri did any of us get her name?" 

"Huh?" I looked up at her and blinked a few times.

Shinobu pointed at the door. "The person that let us stay here, did anyone get her name?" I thought about it for a moment before I looked at her and shook my head. "I don't think she told us, but we didn't exactly tell her our name either."

Shinobu looked at me before looking at her pillow. "Well I suppose you're right, maybe tomorrow we should properly introduce ourselves."

"Yeah! Maybe we can ask her if she can show us around, after all, things are really different here than they are back home." I looked at the floor. 

After we decided on what we were gonna do in the morning me and Shinobu went to sleep.

??? POV   In the Morning

I woke up in the morning to find Felix asleep on my legs, and Princess on my pillow beside my head. At first, I questioned why my valuables were hidden before I remembered what happened the night before. 'I wonder if they're still here....then again it might have been a dream, they were dressed kinda strange...is staying up late and watching anime finally getting to me?'

I got out of bed and went downstairs to make breakfast. While doing so I saw Felix and Princess sitting beside me watching me cook.

"Don't look at me like that you know you can't have any." Less than a minute later I caved and gave each of them a small piece of bacon. 'Why do I even try...' 

Suddenly I had the feeling that I was being watched. I looked behind me to see one of the people from the night before. She had long black hair with orange tips and a small pink ribbon tied in her hair. She also had a Japanese dress that went down to her ankles and a thin black coat, but what stood out the most was the piece of bamboo in her mouth.

She walked over to me and observed me from the other side of the island counter in the kitchen. 

"Uh...hello" Normally I wouldn't be so awkward around someone but it has been a while since I spoke to someone in person.

When I said that she looked like she was trying to take the bamboo out of her mouth, but she was having trouble because it was tied to her head. After a short minute, she finally managed to get the bamboo out of her mouth.

"W-what are you making...?" Her voice was really gentle but it sounded like she hadn't used her voice in a while based on the slight rasp in her voice. "It's pancakes, eggs, and bacon" She just stared at what I was doing. I jumped a bit when I heard a new voice.