Unexpected Appearance

Faith POV

Normally I would be extremely bored in my Biology class, but Ms. Kocho makes it impossible to be bored. She's really pretty too, her eyes are a light shade of purple and she always wears two butterfly clips in her hair.

She's the type of person that's just naturally happy, I don't think anyone at the school has ever seen her sad or upset about something. 'Her hairclips look really familiar...they kinda look like Kana-' "Faith?" I perked up when I heard my name being called. 

"Y-yes?" 

"I know it's the first day back but can you please try to stay focused." 

"Yeah, sorry Ms. Kocho." She simply smiled before going back to writing on the chalkboard.

Timeskip to after class

'Why do we have to have seven class periods...' My next class was P.E which I was a bit nervous about. I was able to find my gym clothes a few days ago so I was thankful for that. "Faith." When I turned around I was a bit surprised to see Kanao. "Are you heading to class?" I simply nodded in response. "I have P.E, what about you?" "Oh, I have that class too."

Me and her talked on the way to the girl's locker room, I explained to her how things worked in the class. When we got there I had to teach her how to open her locker, she was really embarrassed about changing in front of other people too but still got it done. Once we both got changed we went to the track for rollcall, while we were doing soo we ran into Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inoskue. Tanjiro was talking to Kanao and Zenitsu kept complaining. 'I feel bad for the new P.E teacher...'

When we got to the track, I was surprised to see Tomioka there. 'Am I just gonna have all the hashira as teachers?' I pushed aside the question for now and stood in my roll call. Naturally, some of the students were acting out because of the new teacher. Even though I know he's a nice guy, Tomioka can be pretty scary sometimes.

Anyone that dared to misbehave would get a cold stare and had to run laps. Since today was the first day it was pretty calm, though I could hear some of the girls in class talking about Tomioka and the other new teachers. Apparently, Obanai and the Shinazugawa's have already earned a reputation. 'I can understand Sanemi but what did Genya do?' Knowing how the people in the school think it was probably because of their scars.

A lot of people were grateful when class was over because we had lunch right after, thankfully we were able to find everyone. Of course, the staff ate lunch in the faculty room. Everyone seemed to be fine from what I was seeing, though Shinobu was really quiet the whole time.

I was gonna ask but I didn't know her well enough to tell if this was normal or not.

Not long after the bell rang to go to our next class. I wasn't that upset about it because I had art. Though if what I had heard around the school is true then I don't think it will be as calming as it usually is. I had heard that the new teacher was a tall male with a jeweled headband and an obsession with 'flashiness'. Once I was in front of the door I heard a familiar voice on the other side. 

Sure enough, Tengen was the new art teacher. I was a bit surprised at what he was wearing though, I wouldn't be surprised if he was mistaken for a senior instead of a teacher. He was painting and he had a piece of gum in his mouth. I hadn't noticed but everyone was crowding around the door trying to get a better look at Tengen. 'How has he not noticed us yet...'

He was painting and when he set the stuff down on the table next to him he finally noticed the students crowded around the door. He paused for a second before letting out a booming laugh. "Well don't just stand there come in." I was walking in when I felt someone clinging to my arm. "Avery why are you holding onto me." She had ignored me and kept staring at Tengen. 'Just ignore it and you'll be fine.'

To say this class was a bit confusing was an understatement. He kept rambling on about how flashy he was and how flashy we needed to be if we were gonna be in his class.

I was kind of out of it during my next class which didn't do me any good since Obanai was my Chemistry teacher, he doesn't like it when people slack off. I was a bit surprised that he was allowed to bring his snake to the school. Though I do remember him talking about how he was smarter than other snakes, maybe the school sees him as a support animal?

Since we usually use chemicals and other dangerous things in this class it was just an explanation day on how to handle the chemicals and what to be careful for. My last class was the elective I choose, since it's been a while I decided to take a gymnastics class. Tengen had told m ahead of time that Mitsuri was the gymnastics teacher, I kinda expected it since I've seen how flexible she is, I just hope she's not expecting us to do some of the things she can. 

She was really energetic and everyone seemed to like her, though she did have some moments where she got really flustered. The time I spent there didn't even feel like a class, it felt more like a free period. When the class did end we walked to the gate together. She really liked being a gymnastics teacher, some of the others liked their classes too. Mainly Uzui and Matsuri, Obanai and Shinazugawa did. Kanao mentioned that some of the male students would help her when she was lost, Mitsuri got all giddy and Shinobu wasn't having it. Even though she kept her smile the vein popping in her forehead told a different story. 

When we did get home I decided to order something since everyone was really tired, I had turned on the T.V in the living room when I got a call from Avery, before I could say hello she started rambling.

"Faith did you see the news!? I wonder how this happened? Do you think it's ok to go out at night any-" "Woah, Woah. Slow down. What are you even freaking out about anyway?" "You seriously don't know!? Turn on the news quickly!" I didn't bother questioning her and changed the channel, which Inoskue was upset about for a second. 

When I was listening to what the reporter was saying I felt my blood run cold. 

"Earlier today local police officers were called to the outskirts on the west side of town after a man on a walk heard what sounded like a scream. When the police investigated the area they found a 31-year-old woman dead in the small forest near the town. According to investigators the woman had been killed and eaten, investigators believe that it might have been a pack of wolves that did this but when the marks on her body were analyzed the bite mark showed that whatever had killed the woman had a jaw structure similar to a human. An animal expert was called to see if they could recognize the bite marks but came up with nothing, some believe that whatever had done this might be some type of new animal. Authorities advise that people lock their doors and don't go out at night. We'll be right back after a commercial break."

The entire room was silent, I wasn't even sure I was breathing. I felt a lump in my through and I was completely still. 

'What.The.Fuck."

A/N: Sorry about not being able to post a new chapter in a while, I hope this was worth the wait.