Realization

Shinobu POV

During the trip to where we're going, I heard her call the thing were in a car. I haven't seen anything like it back home, this place is more advanced than where we're from. Mitsuri seems to be enjoying the trip there and so does Nezuko. I was a bit surprised that she was speaking. 'When did she learn how to take her muzzle off? Was it before or after we-'

"Ok, we're here."

I was surprised to see what looked like a large building complex but instead of houses they were stores and some small food places I'd never heard of.

Faith POV

'Thankfully it's a weekday so it's not to packed here.' I turned around to the three I came with to see them staring with wonder.

"Have you never seen an outdoor mall before?"

They looked at me and then at each other before Shinobu answered my question. "No. We don't have anything like this back home so we're a bit surprised." 

I wasn't really that surprised that they've never been here since this is the only one in town and it barley opened two weeks ago. "Well this is the only outdoor mall it town and it hasn't been opened for that long, but first we should probably get Shinobu and Nezuko some new cloths."

It took a bit of wandering around but we found a few clothing shops on the second floor. "This place is a lot bigger than it looks's..." I saw Mitsuri twirling around while we we're walking so she could take in our surroundings. 

I explained what they could and couldn't get after I gave them enough cash and let Nezuko and Shinobu pick what they want while me and Mitsuri waited outside. She's actually really nice to talk to, but she has a tendency to get over-excited. 

"So where are you guys from exactly?" She looked up at me a bit surprised. "What do you mean?" She was looking at me a bit nervously and her bubbly personality suddenly vanished. "Well, you guys don't seem to be from around here, not to mention the strange cloths you were wearing."

She was looking at me like she was thinking is she should answer me or not, after about a minute she answered. "Well we're all from japan and we don't really know where we are...so I guess things work a little bit differently here." At first, I just thought that she and her friends got lost on there way somewhere, but then suddenly what she had actually said finally sunk in.

Before my school closed down for repairs we were studying Japanese history during the second semester, we learned during the Taisho era demons used to hunt people during the night and hide out during the day. There were also demon slayers that would hunt demons during the night with hopes of putting an end to the demon age permanently, but one day everything stopped. It was like demons and demon slayers never existed, they just vanished off the face of the earth.

During the semester we took a field trip to the museum to see some of the artifacts that were left of the demon slayers. There was this one exhibit imparticular, it was about a special group of demon slayers called the hashira, they were the strongest swordsmen in the demon slayer corps. We were assigned into groups and each group would do a presentation on a certain hashira, my group was assigned to do a presentation on the love hashira Mitsuri Kanroji.

I didn't want to believe it was true because how could someone from thousands of years ago be right in front of me? 'If she's here then does that mean that the other people she was with are the other hashira? If so there were only nine of them. Does that mean that there are demons here too? How are they even-' 

"Hey, are you ok?"

I blinked a few times before I remembered we were at the outdoor mall. For the first time in a long time, I couldn't find words to describe how confused I was. "Are you ok? You just spaced out." I looked at her a few more seconds before I was finally back in reality. "You're the love hashira...aren't you...?"

A/N: Sorry for not publishing for a while I've been busy with school and I'm trying to post longer chapters. I hope this was worth the wait.