Chapter 16 Hear Me Roar

Y/N's POV

After I taught the boys a lesson in never getting me involved with their shenanigans that involve getting my clothes wet, we stepped back to admire our fully completed treehouse.

"So, let's get back to the search" Jack said with his hands on his hips. 

"Yes Jack I agree, but Dirk, Quint, and I were talking" I said while walking when suddenly Jack pulled us into a big group hug. "Awww a family discussion, we are like the four musketeers" Jack said while pulling us all closer. "Ugh, shut up" Dirk said while pulling me and himself away from the group hug. I just laughed, my boys never fail to amuse me.

"Jack what Gem was trying to say is the town is quite large and we realized we could better search for June if we split up" Quint explained as I walked over to Jack and handed him our invention. "It's a saddle, thanks" Jack said very confused. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Gem and I made it out of an old motorcycle seat" Quint said with pride. "Hey dork don't forget I helped too" Dirk said. I patted his back for reassurance. He responded but lifting me up and having me sit on his shoulder. I just smiled and I sat there petting Link. "It's for Rover Jack" I said not really paying attention anymore.

As I pet Link, Jack set up Rover with the saddle and hopped on it. "Wow. Thanks, guys" He said with an emotional voice. I then looked up to see a butterfly on Rover's nose. "This is gonna be good" I muttered to myself. Quint gave Jack the essentials for his trip. 

"3" I said.

"Thanks again guys" Jack repeated. "2" I continued.

"This is amazing..." Jack said as Rover finally took off after the butterfly. "1" I said finally finished counting. I laughed as I heard Jack's screams in the distance and clutched my stomach as it started to hurt from how hard I was laughing. Dirk gave a smirk and a chuckle as he saw what I was laughing about.

" Shall we continue" Quint said holding up the ping pong paddles. Dirk helped me down to the ground and gave Quint a high five. "Your going down Dingous" Dirk said with a smirk.

I decided to practice a little bit with my sword until Jack got back, to pass the time.

Time Skip brought by Links hatred of Jack

It had been about half an hour since Jack had left with Rover. The boys were still playing ping pong, Link was taking a sun nape, and I was still practicing my movements with my sword. 

(Imagine the guy In the black clothing is you practicing with your sword)

But I was broken from my concentration by Rover jumping over the fence which startled Quint and caused him to scream.

I walked over with my sword on my shoulder and joined in on the conversation. "I know where June is, and I have the perfect plan to rescue her, get in Big Mama, race across town, search the school, and rescue June" Jack said as if it was the most simple thing in the world.

"Happily ever after" Jack finished. I just looked at him with a 'are you stupid' face. "Plus we have Rover as our backup getaway vehicle in case anything goes wrong" Jack said as Rover went chasing after a ball Jack has just accidentally fired.

"He'll be back" Jack said shrugging his shoulders. "Let the amazingly awesome plan begin" Jack said excitedly.

"Well, I guess we better get ready to go" I muttered as I got everything I think we might need while we were out June hunting. Knives, food, water, marshmallows, and of course my favorite boy Link. We then all piled into Big Mama and started driving to the school.

Then all of a sudden a big worm monster called the spikapede started chasing us. "Why do all these things want to kill you" Dirk said yelling.

I once again rolled my eyes. "You boys are so overdramatic" I said as I unstrapped my seatbelt and poked half my body out of the truck. The boys were yelling at me to get back in but I just ignored them and looked at the monster. I paused for a second and gave out the loudest roar my throat would let me give out.

This quickly scared the Spikapede and caused it to stop chasing us. I just smirked and I got back in Big Mama and the boys had their jaws dropped to the floor. "What" I asked as I leaned back in my seat. "Princess, how are you able to do that" Jack asked while still driving the truck? "I don't know, I have always been able to hit seemingly unreachable levels of volume with my voice and can pretty much replicate any sound that I have heard before" I said casually while continuing to relax. "That is incredible Y/N, the highest level of sound a human voice can get to is 129dm but your voice reached levels way higher than that. And the fact that you can mimic anything, especially an animal sound that is very hard to copy is astounding" Quint rambled while looking at me in admiration.

I just shrugged like it was no big deal, but on the inside, I was proud of myself. "Good job Squirt we would have been monster food if it weren't for you" Dirk said while pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back in appreciation.

We faced a few more monsters on our way to the school but I continued to either scare them off or find a way around them until we were finally there. But there were a lot of zombies!! "Jack look out" Quint yelled as he saw the tens of zombies in front of us. "There are too many of them Jack said while swerving to avoid the zombies. I held onto Link for dear life as we crashed into a statue that tipped over and broke through the window.

"My parents will be home eventually and I will be blaming" Quint yelled out angrily. Jack just rolled his eyes and said "I know".

We jumped out of the truck and made a run for the school. "Go go go" I yelled as I outran the zombies. Jack pulled on the school doors but they weren't opening. "Well that's it we're dead" Quint said. I pushed the boys aside and kicked down the door. "Hurry get inside" I yelled as I hit the zombies with the blunt of my sword. Once we were all inside we locked the doors and all let out a breath of relief.

To be honest it was pretty creepy. 'Ok guys let's go find June" I said as I started walking down a hallway.

 'I hope your here June' I thought to myself as we continued to walk through the school.

(Just an FYI in case you are confused everyone kind of has a special nickname for you that only they use: Dirk=Squirt, Quint=Gem, Jack=Princess, and June=?)