Chapter 18 School Drama

Y/N's POV

"Jack, snap out of it" I yelled as we continued running from the zombies. 

June lead us around the school, which lead us all to crawling on our stomachs in a vent. Jack was rambling about something, but I was honesty too mad to even pay attention. We jumped out of the vent into what looked like a classroom. 

But then Jack said something that caught my attention. "The sweatshirt. You hung your sweatshirt out the window".

Honesty its a little creepy that he knows what clothes she wears. "Wait you know what I wear" June said.

Told ya

I jumped as Dirk fell out of the vent. I went over and helped him up. "Are you ok Dirk" I asked. "Uh, I'm ok Squirt don't worry about me" Dirk said as he rubbed my head. I gave him a big smile  as I turned my attention back to June and Jack. "That wasn't a sign. I hung it out to dry you weirdo. I do not need saving" June yelled angrily.

Ok this is getting out of hand. "Hey June calm down, I believe you don't need saving trust me. But we just wanted to make sure you were ok" I said to June as I placed my hand on her shoulder. This seemed to calm her down a little. "But them blundering in here just made things worse. They filled the only path to the cafeteria, where I get my food, with zombies. It took me weeks to clear that hall" June yelled again.

I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. "June take some deep breaths we are sorry that that happened. We were just trying to help, and we can always help clear out the zombies later. Ok" I said with a calm voice. It seemed to be working because she took some deep breaths. 

"Clearly you are still in shock, this is a rescue mission" Jack said to June. "Ok, Jack that's enough be quiet" I told Jack as I was still rubbing June's back. Jack seemed offended but I gave him the look that said 'you better listen or I'm gonna kick your butt'.

" Did she just give him the look" Quint whispered to Dirk. "She totally did dude" Dirk said back. I looked over and glared over at both of them, shutting them both up.

"Look June we just thought we would invite you to stay with us in our cool tree house that we are currently living in, oh and I don't think I ever introduced myself. I'm Y/N" I said shaking her hand.

"Look Its very nice to meet you Y/N and I appreciate the thought but I've got to stay here" June said with a solemn expression. 

'There is more to this girls story' I said to myself.

"Why" asked Jack. "None of your beeswax" June said back. 

'Good job Jack, that definitely worked'

"Now, feel free to help yourselves to some juice boxes, or some old textbooks and have a great apocalypse" June said.

I looked over to see Dirk and Quint actually doing what she said and laughing and having some water together. I just laughed, they really are such dorks.

'My dorks' I thought with a smile.

"You need to leave, now" June said while pointing to the door. I lost my smile at that. Did she really want us gone that badly. "OK, but its super dark, and, uh Quint twisted his ankle" Jack said hurriedly. "Uh, I did" Quint asked as he looked at his ankle.

"And Dirk is falling apart emotionally, just a wreck" Jack said pretending to be sad.

"Uh, nah I'm cool bro" Dirk said while pumping the jug of water. I tried keeping my laughs in, but I was failing miserably. I really cant say this enough, they are such dorks.

"At least let us stay the night" Jack said desperately. June didn't seem impressed or to concerned.

"Please June" I said placing my hand on her shoulder again. "Just the one night" I asked June giving her my favorite puppy dog eyes. " Uh fine, but only cause you asked Y/N" June said with a big sigh. "But just one night" June said with a hand on her hip. 

"Stay the night? I didn't even bring a toothbrush" Quint said really concerned. "And dental hygiene is the second most important type of hygiene" Quint continued to rant until Dirk pushed him to do something else. I smiled at that though, Dirk was so closed off when I first met him. And look at him now, goofing off and becoming friends with Quint.

"This is gonna be great" Jack said with a smirk.

Time Skip: brought by Quint's light vest commercial

"This stinks" Jack complained as he sling shot ketchup packets at a picture.

I just hummed, pretending that I was paying attention. I was combing my hands through Links scales and feeding him some fruits and other snacks I had for him in my backpack. Humming a song to him as I do so.(Song below)

I continued to hum and sing to my little monster as June and Jack continued to debate. I wasn't paying attention until the boys started to run out of the room excitedly. " Are you gonna come Y/N" Jack said with a smile. I thought for a second and looked over to see June, just sitting on the window sill sharpening  her staff.

" Ya ill be there in a second Jack" I said as I got up. He nodded and walked out of the classroom.

I then walked over to June with Link in my arms. "Hey June" I said to her. "Hey Y/N" she said back with a smile. I know we have caused you nothing but problems and that you are probably stressed and angry, but just take my advice and relax. Try to have fun once and a while" I said while smiling at her. 

She smiled back and nodded. I then handed Link to her and set him in his lap. "Link this is my friend June, you are gonna keep her company while mommy's gone ok" I said with a baby voice. Link gave me a cute squeak back as a response while rubbing his head against Junes hand.

June smiled as she scratched Link under his chin. "Thanks Y/N" June said gratefully. I nodded as I walked out of the room to join my boys.

Lets have some fun!