Chapter 2 Dealing With Jack

Jack Sullivan's POV

" Hey wait up!" I called to the mystery girl as I tried to catch up to her. "Didn't you hear me? I'm here to rescue you." 

"Ya, I heard you and decided to ignore you." She sassed back and missing a step in her stride as she picked up her pace. " Awww come on I just want to help." I said as I finally caught up to her. She finally stopped and turned around to face me, with her arms crossed. " Wasn't I the one who saved you from that monster." She replied with a smirk plastered on her face.  I groaned as I realized she was right.

After I didn't say anything she turned right back around and continued walking. "Hey shouldn't you apologize, I was trying to get a mini screwdriver but I missed my chance because you pulled me out of the store!"

 The girl turned around and made a face that was set to kill. "Oh crap." 

"Look, I just saved your butt back there and now your yelling at me because of a little screwdriver!!" She said back angrily. " Yes, how else am I supposed to contact Quint!" I said back. "Look I don't know who this Quint is but I know that contacting him was not worth your life." She once again yelled.

I went silent after that.  " Your right I'm sorry." I finally said. She didn't reply back and started walking again. But as she was I saw something moving in her backpack.  " Hey watch out I think there's  Something in your backpack!" She once again turned around. "That's just Link." She says as she starts opening the backpack to reveal 

(This is Link, I saw him and thought he was adorable so I put him in my story)

Y/n's POV

I pulled Link out of my backpack and held him to my chest as he meowed and purred like a cat. "This is Link." I say to jack who stared at him in awe. "Is he friendly?" Jack asked as he got closer and got a better look at Link. "Yes he's very friendly, he is like a monster version of a cat. He liked to be pet and held a lot." I said back while petting Link. Earning a loud purr in return. 

"That's so cool, the first friendly monster."  Jack said very excitedly with his hands in the air. I kinda just looked at him with the are you kidding me look.  "Do you want to hold him?" I said while holding Link out to jack. "Really? Heck ya!" I handed Link to Jack and watched him very closely. 

I met Link one week after the apocalypse started when I saved him from BLARG who was trying to eat him. We have been together ever since and he has always had my back. He was there for me when no one else was. I love him like family and I was really trusting Jack to hold him. 

Jack held Link like you would a baby and started to tickle his stomach. Link let out little roars of protest but you could tell he wasn't trying very hard to get Jack to stop. I smiled at the scene and reached into my backpack to grab the mini screwdriver that I had been debating either or not to give to him. I extended my arm and held the mini screwdriver in front of Jack's face. His face showed surprise as he held Link in one arm and grabbed the screwdriver in the other.

"Thanks a lot, this is perfect." Jack said with a wide smile on his face. He handed Link back to me and I put him on my shoulder. Making me think of a parrot. "I don't think I ever properly introduced myself my name is Y/N." I said with a smile as I extended my arm for a shake. " Oh ya nice to meet you." Jack said as we shook hands. "I'm Jack Sullivan post-apocalyptic action her tuff guy survivor." Jack said once again striking a dramatic hero pose. 

I hid my giggle in and just smiled. " Well it was nice meeting you Jack but I should get going." I said with the fakest smile I could muster.  Jack's smile instantly fell. " Oh ya sure." He said sadly. I waved and started to walk away wondering if I did the right thing. Apparently Jack was thinking the same thing because three seconds later I hear feet behind with Jack yelling, " Y/N wait up." I stop and wait for him to catch up to me. 

" So I was thinking. Since its the apocalypse and all that you could come live with me in my tree house." Jack said with a big smile on his face. I made a pretend thinking face and looked at Link for confirmation. Link just gave me a blank look and licked my cheek. I laughed and directed my attention back at Jack and said "I'm in!"

PS: I don't know the type of monster that Link is so if you do leave a comment