Chapter 7 Winged Wrenches

Jacks POV

I looked at the piece of paper that Quint had shoved in my face and saw that there was writing on it. I grabbed the paper from him and held it closer. I then started to read it.

Dear Quint

I wasn't asleep in the truck. Jack will understand.

I have decided to leave. I will hopefully be back soon.

It was nice knowing you for this short period of time Quint.

-Y/N

'Oh crap.' I thought to myself. 

Y/N must think I'm a total jerk. First I almost kiss her, then I forget her for Quint, and then to add the cherry to the chocolate sundae I talk about  another girl that I have a crush on! She must feel so betrayed. I crushed to paper and threw it across the room angrily. I then shoved my face in my hands and groaned. 'What was I thinking.' I said to myself. I was starting to have a crush on Y/N too, and I just had to go and mess it up. Quint moved my hands off my face and looked me in the eye and said "Friend. What did you do?" 

"I did something really stupid." I said while avoiding eye contact with him. "Well You have done a lot of stupid things, your gonna have to be more specific." He said laughing slightly. I smiled a little and took in a big breath of air. "I might or might not have been flirting with Y/N  since I met her." I said fake laughing  and rubbing the back of my neck. 

Quint gave me a non amused look while thrumming his fingers against his arm. "Anything else?" Quint said squinting his eyes at me. "Well I also might have almost kissed her a few days ago." I said looking at the ground ashamed. Quint walked over and slapped the back of my head. "No wonder she ran away! You go and lead her on and then go talking about another girl that you have a crush  on and are going to look for." He screamed. 

He's right, I had unintentionally hurt her. "I never meant to hurt her." I said. "It doesn't matter, you did and now she's gone." Quint said while walking towards the ladder. "Where are you going?" I asked standing up. Quint started to climb down the ladder and headed towards Big Mama. "I'm gonna go look for Y/n, you coming?" He said closing the door.

I stood there for a sec then hurriedly ran down the ladder and jumped into Big Mama. I then started the engine and pulled out of the yard. We then continued to drive the broken streets and alleys. "Y/n, are you out there. It is I, Jack Sullivan. Post apocalyptic action hero come to rescue you." I yelled into the megaphone. "Jack I think you and I both know that if she was in trouble she wouldn't need our help." Quint says while looking out the window. 'Ya that's true, she's awesome.'

"Hmm, somethings not right." I say.

"Air temperature?" Quint suggests.

 "No."

 "Velocity?"

"No."

"Y/N not being here."

"Yes but no."

Then both and Quint smirk at each other and say that the same time "Music." "We need some cool, man-on-a-mission, searching for Y/N music." I say turning in the radio. I start jamming to the music when I hear Quint say "Jack look out!" I look and see something in the road. I swerve to avoid whatever it is and then stop the truck.

"Was that a monster or a person?" I say a little shook. Quint looks behind us and says "Both, it's Dirk Savage." I look behind as well and see that it's him. "Mother of crudballs he's alive." I say unbuckling my seat belt. "What are you doing?" Quint said worriedly. "Little friendly chitchat." I said opening my door. "No wait." Quint says grabbing my arm. "Quint, we cant leave him, He's a survivor like us." I said getting out. Quint continued to yell out at me "Fine! But if he kills you, it's your funeral."

Me and Dirk stood off towards each other, not making a sound. Just staring at each other. Until I broke the silence "Sup." I say in a friendly way. But he then gasped and started running towards me. I shook in fear "I'm sorry about the round panda bear line." I said while cowering. Dirk just ignored me and pointed. "Behind you dummy! Winged Wrench!" He yelled. I looked behind me to see the dragon like monster. "Get down." Dirk yelled while slapping me away. Getting me to safety while he holds the Winged Wrench back from biting my head off. He then twirls it around then throws it into a near by building. 'Amazing' me and Quint say. He then just dusts off his hands like this was an every day thing.

The Winged Wrench then shrieks and fly's off. My mouth was still open as Dirk turns over to me and says "Your welcome." In a sarcastic way. Then walked off. "Whoa" was all that I could say after what just happened. Dirk then ripped open a pipe and started to drink and wash his face with the water running out of it. 

Quint joined me in the middle of the road. "So um Dirk what are you? I mean, do you want to, like, hang out?" I asked nervously. He continued to look at us unamused, cleaning his ears. "We have a tree house. There's room if you want to-." I was interrupted by Dirk saying "What would I want with you two dorks?" I kept trying to convince him by saying "You can still do the whole tough guy loner thing, just do it with us." Dirk then shook his head. "Uh-uh cant be a loner. Unless your alone."

"Well that's a point. But I still think you'd be better off with us." I said not giving up. Dirk then walked over an looked down on us. This apparently made Quint nervous as he said "Please don't eat me." Dirk chuckled clearly amused and walked away. I then thought of a plan. "OK, whatever, we're going. Enjoy your solitude." I said while walking away with Quint. I smirked and started my plan. "Dude, you thinking ice cream for dinner?" I asked Quint. I don't think Quint knew what I was doing but still said "Yeah, I could go for some ice cream."

I then heard footsteps behind us and saw Dirk. "All right, but only because you two would totally die without me." He said obviously faking. Me and Quint smiled at each other, but those smiles quickly faded as Quint said "I believe we may, all three die together. Look! He's back, and he's brought friends."

The Winged Wrenches were circling us. Just as one was about to attack, there was a sharp whistle that went through the air. Causing all the Winged Wrenches and the three boys to freeze. "Kiki." Someone said from a high building. "Taj, Kiki that's enough." The boys looked over to see someone in a hoodie supposedly talking to the monsters. One Winged Wrench groaned in protest.

One was sneaking behind Dirk and the hidden figure noticed. "Fang don't even think about it." the person said. The monster make a screech sound and closed it's mouth. "Is that dude talking with the monsters?" Dirk said. Both me and Quint shrugged our shoulders. The hooded figure laughed while saying "No not even a little piece, now come over here." The figure motioned the monsters over to them. The monsters listened and flew up towards the person and all three started to nudge and play with them.

"Wait a minute that person seems familiar." Quint says while rubbing his chin. "Well let's see they saved us, are really good with monsters, and is super brave." I listed off. "You guys are such idiots." The hooded figure says as one on the Winged Wrenches fly's down with them on their back. The person got off and landed on the ground. She then took off her hood and revealed Y/N!

Hello everyone its your Author. Sorry it took long to update, school has started and everything is a little hectic. A special thanks JaidLayton for the amazing cover picture. Also there is a little hidden scene in this chapter from a certain movie, whoever guesses first what movie it's  from they will win the choice to add another monster of their choice that's not from the show.