Chapter 3 Clean up and Kisses

Y/N's POV

Jack opened the wooden gate and as I walked in I saw a medium-sized treehouse, just like jack said. 'I thought he was joking.' I said to myself.  "Welcome to my home." Jack said with a large grin on his face. I just shook my head at his goofiness and started climbing up the ladder. The inside of the treehouse in simple terms looked like a tornado had destroyed it. I almost gagged at all the dirty clothes and old moldy chips everywhere. I  looked on my shoulder to see Link Smushing his face against my neck, trying to get the bad smell out of his nose. I gave a small laugh at his reaction.

"Come in princess no need to be shy." Jack said with a smirk on his face. I just glared at him and said "I am not shy, for your information. This place is just gross." I said shoving a dirty sock away from me with my shoe. " I mean look even Link thinks this place is gross." I said pointing a link who still had his face shoved in the dip of my neck. " It's not that bad." Jack said with a pout on his face. I just giggled at his reaction and bent down and started picking up the dirty clothes. " Hey! what are you doing" Jack said in a semi alarmed voice.  

"If  you expect me to live here with this mess your more insane then I thought you where." I said continuing to pick up clothes off the floor. I just heard silence after that. ~Unknown to Y/N Jack was doing a little happy dance behind her. Very happy that he will now be living with another person, And a pretty one in his opinion~ 

After talking to Jack I got cleaning and threw all the dirty clothes in a pile, yelled at Jack to wash them later, swept the chips and the other leftover junk food off the floor, and much too Jacks complaining sprayed some room freshener.  Once I was done I plopped myself on his couch and let out a sigh. But 5 seconds later  I hear Jack yell "FEAT COMPLETE." I jumped off the couch in fright and gave him a death glare. "What the heck Jack" I yelled at him. Jack just continued being exited and then sat down next to me with what looked to be a hand made book in his hands. "These are my feats of apocalyptic success, and you just completed one." Jack opened the book and I saw a list of things that had been checked off. " For example, I have done mad hatter, monster rider, and hygiene hero. Jack said obviously proud his his "feats".  

"Which one did I complete? All I did was clean the treehouse." I said genuinely confused. "You just did clean up  throw up, clean the whole treehouse." I just looked at him weirdly. " I get clean up but why thrown up?" I asked. Jack just scratched the back of his neck and said "Well if there is one thing I hate its cleaning so I called this feat " Jack said really embarrassed. I tried to keep a straight face but failed miserably. I started laughing so hard my stomach started to hurt. Jack's face turned a bright red color and he walked away to a bench and started fiddling with a walkie talkie. 

Once I had controlled my laughter I leaned over his shoulder and looked at the yellow and slightly broken walkie talkie. I looked at Jack to see that his face was still red. "Hey I didn't mean to make fun you, I was just having fun." I said trying to make him feel better. "I am fine, I knew you  were messing around." He says turning his head to look at me. That's when I noticed how close our faces were from each other. Our noses were touching and we were both blushing.

Jack's POV

She was so close. I looked into her deep beautiful eyes and kept sneaking glances at her lips. She was honestly probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I started leaning in and closed my eyes. And I kissed something but It was not Y/N. I opened my eyes and saw Link. " Ew ew." I said as I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. Link had moved from Y/N's shoulder to in front of her face and I ended up kissing him instead.

"Sorry Jack, Link is very protective of me."  Y/N said scratching Link under the chin. I swear I saw the little monster smirk at me. I glared at him and went back to fixing the walkie talkie. 

Y/N's POV

(Sorry about the short POV change, I just really wanted that scene to be from Jack's perspective.)

I mentally thanked Link for saving me from that embarrassing situation and scratched him under the chin. 'That would have been my first kiss' I thought to myself. It's not like I didn't like Jack. It's that we had practically just met. Also, it's the apocalypse and not the best time for a relationship. 

I looked back at Jack and saw him once again fiddling with the walkie talkie. I looked closer and saw him using the mini screwdriver that I had given him earlier. Suddenly Jack got shocked by the walkie talkie as static started to come through. "Bajingo! Captain danger to Corporal tiger Pants. Quint, are you out there? Hello?" Jack said exited to the talkie. But only static came through. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a comforting squiz. "Your probably doing an experiment or on the toilet, or both. So, um just call whenever." Static continued to come through and Jack started to drum his fingers on the desk in anticipation. Jack gave a big sigh. "I'm not worried that your not responding. I'm not worried at all. Anyway, I'm here with a new friend I can't wait for you to meet. OK, talk soon, buddy. Hope you're enjoying the end of the world."

Jack let out another big sigh and turned away from the walkie talkie. But turned back and looked like he was about to grab it but decided not to. He started to walk away, but I grabbed his arm and brought him into a hug. Jack didn't respond at first but then quickly wrapped his arms around my back. "We will find him Jack, I know we will." I said releasing him from our hug. Jack smiled and went to lay and the clothes that I had previously pilled up.  

I felt bad for him. Even though I didn't know this Quint kid, I could tell that Jack really cared about him. I didn't have any friends or anyone who cared about me, so I will make sure to get Jack back to Quint. If its the last thing I do.