Ch. Privacy

Chapter 2

Birdie placed both of her palms against Adan's chest and pushed him back with all her might.

"What is wrong with you?" She demanded. "We have a door. Come in like a regular person."

Stumbling back, the corner of Adan's lips curved up and his eyes moved up Birdie's long legs slowly.

"I like that skirt," he said, pointing to the denim skirt.

"Thanks," Birdie shifted her weight and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why are you here?"

"You weren't answering my calls."

"I'm not obligated to take your calls."

"Is that so?" Adan grinned, walking over to the neatly made bed. "Are you avoiding me?"

"I just saw you yesterday, so obviously not," Birdie said.

"You left in a hurry."

"I had to get home."

"I thought you were running from me."

"What if I was?"

"Why would you run?"

"Why wouldn't I run?"

Adan's grin widened as he leaned back on the bed without a care in the world. His long legs stretched out in front of him as he crossed his ankles and tilted his head slightly.

"Stop looking at me like that," Birdie kicked at his feet.

"Like what?" Adan chuckled.

"Like that," Birdie waved her hand.

"Like what?" Adan leaned forward.

"Why are you here?"

"To wish you a happy birthday."

"Thank you very much. Now please leave. I'm trying a nice dinner with my family."

"I'll join you," Adan began to rise.

"No!"

"Oh come on," the boy chuckled. "It's not like they don't know me. We're friends, Birdie."

Taking in a deep breath, Birdie pinched the bridge of her nose and shut her eyes, "Noor saw us the other day in the yard."

"I know."

"You knew he was there?" Birdie's eyes flew open. "Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you stop?"

"Because you were looking at me with those eyes," Adan took a step forward. "Those fuck me eyes..."

"Adan, stop," Birdie took a step backwards as her stomach tightened and her skin warmed. "I really wish you had told me Noor was around. The twig just told everyone downstairs about us."

"That's good news, right?"

"No!" Birdie shook her head. "Now my dad is down there hounding me about information."

"I'll give him information," Adan laughed. "What does he want to know?"

"Can you please not be so perverted for once?"

Rolling his eyes, Adan reached for Birdie's hand, "Let's go talk to your dad."

"Um, no. Hello," Birdie pulled away. "What do you think you're doing?"

"We're going downstairs and telling your parents that we have been doing each other for the last year or so."

"Do you have a death wish?"