Ch. 45 Tale of two cities

Chapter 45

"That's the last box," Birdie said as she sat down the brown box on top of Ebony's new kitchen counter.

"Oh thank god," Ebony sighed. "I didn't think we had that much stuff. How did we even gather that much stuff in just a few months?"

"It happens," Birdie shrugged. "But now you have your own apartment! You can buy whatever you want!"

"I know," Ebony looked around and took in a deep breath. "It's mine. My home."

"Are your sister's happy?"

"I haven't told them yet," Ebony grinned. "I want to surprise them."

"They're going to love it," Birdie laughed. "I'm really happy for you, Ebony."

"Thank you," Ebony's eyes softened. "I....I still can't believe it. I'm free."

"You are," Birdie took a step forward and pulled the jinn into her arms. "You deserve this. All of this."

"I could never repay you, Birdie," Ebony shook her head. "Everything that you did for me. For all of us...without you, we would all still be in Pangea."

"I just wanted to come home," Birdie felt her heart skip a beat. She didn't want to think about Pangea. As much as she was glad to be back in her world, she knew a part of her was still back in the other world.

"I'm so excited!" Ebony squealed. Her eyes sparkled like a child on Christmas morning as she walked around the empty apartment and made plans for where she wanted everything.

"You need a TV," Birdie said.

"Oh yes!" Ebony nodded. "I love that thing! And the other thing that makes the bread warm."

"A Toaster?"

"Yes!" Ebony laughed. "I like the way it makes the bread taste."

"Consider it a house-warming present," Birdie bowed. "From me."

"No, no," Ebony shook her head. "I couldn't. You've already helped so much."

"It's not a big deal!"

As Birdie spoke, her eyes fell on Ebony's phone on the kitchen counter beside her. She immediately recognized the name on the screen and arched her brow.

Isaac Radacovick.

"Um..." Birdie picked up the cell phone. "My cousin is calling you."

Ebony turned around and paused. Her eyes watched Birdie as she stole glances towards her phone.

"Why is Isaac calling you?" Birdie stared at her friend.

Ebony shifted her weight from foot to foot, "He...he offered me a job."

"Oh?" Birdie arched her brow, feeling giddy as Ebony blushed. "So he's the nice young man from the palace who's been helping you."

Ebony nodded her head, "Yes."

"Do you like him?" Birdie gasped. "Oh my god. Are you and Isaac...?"

"He's a gentleman," Ebony's cheeks grew darker.

"He's a Radacovick," Birdie rolled her eyes. "Of course, he's a gentleman."

"I think he likes me..."

"He wouldn't be all up in your business if he didn't," Birdie laughed.

"But he's a Prince."

"And a werewolf," Birdie frowned. "Isaac hasn't found his mate yet. Things could get ba-"