27. Stay

time passing through pics

—

It's now the middle of the week and Nini was picking up Xavier from daycare before making her way to Ricky's apartment for dinner. With final exams coming up, as well as Nini's work at the music, it was a little difficult to spend time together. It's actually the first time she'd be seeing him since coming on Sunday and she was surprisingly calm about it.

"Hi," she said when he greeted with a long kiss that definitely wasn't appropriate for a toddler to witness.

"Hey," Ricky replied with an easy grin.

"HI!" Xavier piped up from his position by their feet.

"Hi buddy!" Ricky said excitedly, bending down and picking the little boy up off the floor. Xavier giggled and let the older man hold him tightly as he led them inside the apartment and closed the door.

They ate dinner together and listened as Xavier told this very elaborate story about what happened at daycare that day. Apparently, there was this little kid that didn't want to have nap time and ended up screaming in the middle of the classroom - Nini didn't understand why the kid wouldn't want to nap when she would kill for a nap any day, but to each their own I guess. There were a bunch of kids that got into a fight during lunch, but Xavier didn't get involved, something he was very proud to announce.

After dinner, Xavier was determined to help Ricky and Nini with the dishes, so they set him up on a little stool and gave him a drying towel. He was in charge of drying three plastic containers, and although Ricky had to redo them afterward, Xavier was very proud of himself and the job he did.

"I'm gonna go play with Ellie now," he informed the two adults before making a beeline for the living room.

"What's up with him? He's very hyper tonight,"Ricky chilled.

Nini answered with a sheepish shrug, "I think he's just excited to hang out with you, it's been almost a week for him. He barely saw you on the weekend."

"Well then, maybe next time we should all do something together, the three of us I mean," Ricky suggested.

Nini smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist, "That'd be nice."

Ricky reciprocated the cuddle by putting down the plate he was currently drying, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and caressing her back. "Have you ever been to Disneyland?"

Nini giggled, "I wish, would be a dream if we could go."

"Well do you want to go after finals are over?"

"You're kidding, right?" Nini stared at him in disbelief. "That's so expensive, and we'd have to get a hotel room and plane tickets, and..." she trailed off.

Ricky just laughed, squeezing her to his chest and kissing the top of her head.

Nini knew he wasn't joking. He fully expected her to agree to this trip, and while it felt so surreal to just jump on a plan to vacation in California in about a month's time, a part of her really wanted to go.

She finally said, "We'll talk about it after finals."

Ricky just chuckled, and Nini leaned up on her tippy toes to give him a quick kiss. "I'll finish up here, you go hang out with Xavier. We're gonna have to go home soon and he'll be upset," she mourned, pulling away from him and pushing him towards the living room.

Ricky just stood there debating telling her what he's done. He did something a little while ago that he's never had the chance to tell Nini about. Tonight is the perfect chance though.

"What if you don't have to go home tonight?"

The young mother pouted, "Baby, you know we can't do that! Xavier doesn't have any of his things here."

"Let me show you something," Ricky smirked, taking Nini by the hand and leading her towards his second bedroom that he used as a studio. He usually had his guitars and other instruments stored here, but when he walked Nini into the room, she realised it'd changed. There was still his desk and the guitars were still hung up on the wall, along with a keyboard leaning against it...

But there was now also a child's bed squished in the corner of the room.

Nini gasped, her hand covering her mouth in shock as her eyes welled up with tears, realising how much trouble he must've gone through just for her and Xavier to be able to stay over.

"Please say something, the silence is scaring me," Ricky laughed, nervously.

Nini stuttered , wiping at her tears, "Sorry, I-wow Ricky, I can't believe you did this."

"It's honestly no trouble. I know it'll probably be easier to just go to your place, since Xavier has all of his stuff there, but, you know, if you wanted to stay here... I wouldn't mind. And he can keep some clothes in here too," Ricky pointed out, gesturing to a small closet with enough room to hang a few clothes hangers in the corner of the room.

Nini giggled, "Ricky I love you so much."

"I know," he laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to kiss him long and hard.

"So are you gonna stay tonight?" Ricky asked breathlessly.

"I think we just might," Nini grinned widely before kissing him again.