TWO

[CHAPTER TWO: RUSSELS]

It was chaos, pure and utter chaos. CJ sits in her father's store, listening to the fighting and rioting commencing outside. Every kid that didn't get chosen was pissed, but it was a toss-up. No one had any idea they were getting picked. Especially CJ.

She never expected to be on the first roster of kids going. She especially didn't expect Harry, Uma, and Gil to be going either. This is going to be a disaster. Chassie, Harry, Uma, and Mal all within a hundred feet of each other will be a mess. It's either going to result in someone getting killed or someone getting fucked. Literally.

"Move! By order of the King!" CJ hears bellowing voices outside shout. She watches people scurry past, running from something. She stares at the door patiently, drumming red fingernails on the hardcover of her book.

The door to the Clock Shop swings open and in walks five of the King's royal guards, all dressed up in banana yellow suits.

"Calista Jane Hook?" A guard asks.

"Yeah?" CJ responds, rolling her eyes at the use of her full name.

The guard steps forward, a scroll in hand, her formal invitation to Auradon. CJ sits up a bit and collects her letter, shooing the guards away.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out," CJ demands, returning to her book.

"We're looking for a Harold James Hook," he says.

CJ sighs, "Try Ursula's Fish and Chips."

"We legally cannot deliver these to anywhere but the homes of the recipients." The guard argues.

"Then I guess you'll have to wait, won't you?" CJ asks. She watches the guard shuffle a bit, but she can't tell if it's out of annoyance or fear. Probably the first, there's no way five giant dudes are scared of a tiny blonde with a bayonet strapped to their back.

"We'll just leave this with you," he declares, setting the scroll down on the table, promptly turning around, and leaving the shop with his friends.

"Pussies," CJ mumbles.

She eyes Harry's scroll, asking herself whether she should burn it or tear it up right in front of his face. It won't do any good, whoever's there to pick them up will know who's going without the scrolls as proof. But it will make her feel good, though, torture him a little more before Chassie's pretty little face does that for her.

CJ's father told her not to move from her spot at the desk with all the looting going on — well, more than usual that is. But she can't keep sitting here doing nothing, she's already gone through ten chapters of a shitty romance novel since the morning. She can't take it anymore.