TEN

[CHAPTER TEN: SEAN]

[CHAPTER TEN: SEAN]

Thursday night Harry graciously forced Gil to give up his bed so that Chassie didn't have to go back to her dorm. Harry was oddly silent the rest of the night. He went out and grabbed them dinner and they ate silently while watching some TV. Chassie attempted to do some homework on Harry's laptop but quickly realized she needed Jane's help for half of it.

She wants to sleep but can't manage to. She stirs and flips around in bed all night trying to make her brain shut off for at least a few seconds.

She's thinking constantly, a pit of anxiety forming in her stomach. She can't get her heart to stop pounding in her head. She can't stop her feet from twitching back and forth under the covers. She doesn't know what to think. There's too much going on.

Harry's being decent to her and she doesn't hate it. But she still wants to hate him. She wants to be upset, she wants to be disgusted that she ever let him touch her again. But she can't be.

The reason Harry hates her so much is because of something she did, at some point, she has to accept responsibility for that. Maybe not now but eventually. But he made her feel better. He made everything go away, the problems with her friends, being on the verge of being kicked out of school, he even made their issues between them disappear. As if nothing ever happened. Like she was 15 again without a problem in the world when he was around.

She asks herself if she can believe he might feel the same. She asks herself if she wants him to feel the same way.

She can't handle another bad ending between them. She doesn't know if she can do it again.

Chassie sits up and checks the clock. 1 AM stares back at her in bold red lights. She sighs and gets out of bed. She grabs her coat and bag and sneaks to the door, looking back to see Harry snoring softly, splayed out across the bed. Chassie unlocks the door and sneaks out quietly. She makes her way to Ben's office.

She forgot she had to fill out that bucket list for Fairy Godmother, she hasn't worked on it at all. She pulls out a piece of blank paper and turns on Ben's desktop, looking up things to put on the list.

Chassie chooses ones she very well might do in the future but nothing too far-fetched to where Fairy Godmother won't believe her. She attempts to finish up her homework and manages to complete most of it with the help of the internet and some kind students swapping answers on a forum. The sun is still hidden behind the horizon when she's done.

She decides to try and sneak into her dorm and hopefully not wake Jane up. The minute Chassie admits she slept in Harry's room, Jane's gonna go ballistic, she just knows it. 'It's against the rules! What were you two doing?!' She can hear Jane's high-pitched voice already and she doesn't need that today.