EIGHT

[CHAPTER EIGHT: THE GOOD OL' DAYS]

Day one of Chassie's personal hell started on Tuesday the day after she disappeared on her friends. She opened her eyes to a new day and there was Evie standing over her demanding answers. She had a coffee shoved in her face and not an ounce of privacy or reprieve was to be found.

She went to class with Evie talking to her, she came out of class and Evie was waiting for her. She tried to lose her at lunch and loop back around to her dorm, but somehow Evie was already waiting for her with a sandwich in her bedroom. She cannot escape Evie.

She didn't see any of her other friends that day. Not that she cared to look but still it was just odd. She can't remember if she saw Jay in history or econ or even if she passed him briefly in the halls. The same goes for Henry, Mal, and Ben.

Chassie found out later that day that the royal couple went to Beast and Belle's empty castle while they were away for a break from the first week of school. For what reason do they need to leave two days into the first semester of senior year? All so Mal didn't have to face her guilt. Typical.

Carlos was around when he could be and even joined Evie in questioning Chassie. When he wasn't with Evie and Chassie he was trying to get answers from Henry or Jay and all three refused to say a word.

As for the center of her problem, she didn't acknowledge Harry in history and he didn't acknowledge her either. A few times outside the classroom she found him glancing in her direction but every time he'd just look away when she found his gaze. It's obnoxious more than anything because if he's planning on killing her, she'd prefer he just gets it over with already. It'd save her a hell of a lot of stress.

On day two, Chassie wore her headphones and ignored Evie as best as she could. That was all well until Evie ripped them and some of her hair out when she discovered she had been tuned out all day.

Evie at that point was just rambling on repeating herself endlessly threading plotlines out loud trying to elicit a response from Chassie with no luck.

It took everything in Chassie not to scream or cry or throw very heavy objects at Evie. It took every ounce of willpower in her body and she was getting close to her end.

And today on the third counting day of this endless torture, Chassie starts to contemplate if her silence is worth risking her sanity.

It's hard to bear at times but when Chassie's distracted she can just ignore it for the most part. Right now, she's sketching a bobblehead version of Evie as she lays across Jane's bed, head hanging off the side, endlessly talking into the void. It's keeping her busy while Evie babbles.

"Look, it's you," Chassie turns her sketchbook around to show Evie, cutting her off.

Evie scowls at Chassie before continuing on.