FOUR

[CHAPTER FOUR: WELCOME TO AURADON]

Chassie has a hard time keeping her eyes open standing in the middle of the cul-de-sac. Every so often, her head will fall to the side after her eyes have been closed too long, snapping her awake once more.

"Chas," Ben says.

"What?" Chassie snaps.

"You okay?" He inquires.

Chassie opens her eyes, turning her head to see Ben with a concerned smile on his face. God, she wants to slap that stupid smile off his lips, nothing about this is okay in any way.

"Don't talk to me," Chassie orders.

"Okay!" Mal calls, stepping between Chassie and Ben. "Someone turned the angst dial up to eleven today, huh?"

Chassie turns her glare toward Mal, "Did someone turn up your perkiness dial?"

"Wow, she's really on a roll," Carlos declares.

Chassie raises a finger to Carlos, about to yell at him too, but Evie grabs her shoulders and turns her away before she gets a chance.

"Chass, calm," Evie orders. "Cleansing breath on three —"

"I cleanse your tongue from your head if you keep talking," Chassie assures.

Evie lowers her hands from Chassie's shoulders and steps back a bit.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jay questions.

"I've been up for three days straight trying to finish my final report for history! And it's kicking my ass, so, no one talks to me for the rest of the year unless you want to be rid of your head." Chassie declares.

"Fiesty kitty," Henry winks.

"I swear to god —" Chassie starts.

"Let's move on, shall we?" Evie asks, beginning to pass out the bags with dorm keys, school schedules, maps, takeout menus, pretty much everything, and anything Auradon Prep has to offer. "Carlos, Jay, you guys are with Harry. Henry, you're with Gil. I've got Uma, Chassie you've got CJ. Mal, you're responsible for Freddie." She hands out one last packet to Dizzy, "And finally, you will be showing Celia around."

"This still sucks," Chassie mumbles.

"You'll survive," Evie declares, that stressed-out smile still stretching her face, Chassie watching it get more strained when she looks at the time.

"You're gonna break your jaw if you don't calm down," Chassie says.

"I'm fine!" Evie almost barks at her friend in response. "Everything's fine! I can handle coordinating five people's schedules and planning the Jewel Bilee at the same time! It's fine! Everything's fine!"