The Truth

"How did you guys figure it out? I mean I know we all felt like we had knew each other, but we had also met before the earthquake hit." I looked at Usagi and smiled.

Takeru and I went back to The Beach, we found the exact same hotel he used as the beach in the borderlands and after spending the weekend there we came back and took a trip to the library and... these books don't lie. Tell me that these books aren't exactly what we were going through.  Everyone's hearts stopping for exactly one minute, the games, how I woke up with Takeru's ring around my neck, the vivid dreams. This is what they were talking about, the borderlands...borderline between life and death."

Usagi and Arisu looked at each then at both Takeru and I, Arisu picked up my book I showed them and then looked up at me.

"If this is all true, how do we go about telling the others. I mean maybe that's why we all felt so close to each other." Arisu looked at Usagi. "But even with us being so close. This is a stretch to even tell them. What if they think we are crazy?'

"Wouldn't you?" I asked.

"If that is true, then one of the men in our group..." Usagi said she looked a little shaken up all of a sudden

"Maybe he was bad in the borderlands, but you've seen how he is here. That couldn't possible be the same guy who-"

"Tried to kill my husband, yea we already thought about that." I said.

"But still don't you guys think this is alo-"

"Of course this is a lot. A bit over the top in my opinion, however it does explain quiet a bit. Regardless of how I feel." All of us shot our heads towards my office door where Kuina and Chishiya was standing.

"You have got to make noise when you move around dude." Arisu said holding his chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack." He said.

"You should tell them, at least present the idea maybe." Kuina said smiling.

"Alright fine, we can tell them." Usagi said taking Arisu's hand.

--

I waited for everyone to come in, as I watched I caught eye of Niragi whom pushed his glasses up smiling at a girl who was across the room. Her name was Yonekuro and she worked for me, she also does tattoo and piercings on the side. I remember alot of things from the borderlands and her face was on of the first things that popped up at the thought of the beach.

I watched as the people I had come to call my friends settled into my conference room.

"I think I know how we all know each other." I said, most of everyone's heads shot towards me. Aguni stood next to me with his crotches and Takeru on the other side of me, I explained the books Hatter and I had found and how it talked about people in bizarre life threatening events hearts all stopped collectively for a whole minute, how after the minute ended either some people woke and some didn't or no one came back alive. I even used Hatters ring around my neck when I woke up. Which was the most convincing thing from what I understood.

"Aguni was shot...multiple times by two people. It even hit major arteries and some how he is still here, however his wounds in the world match similar places he was shot." I turned and looked at Takeru who raised his shirt.

"Takeru was shot in the borderlands-"

"Wasn't...wasn't it you who shot those two." Yonekura pointed to someone across the room and everyones eyes followed her finger to reveal who was on the other end of it.

Niragi.

"That wasn't him...well it was him, but it wasn't him. The borderlands was like a dream world of terror, but some people were able to make it their own world. Whoever you were out here...you didn't have to be in the borderlands. Especially in a place where it was killed or be killed." I caught eye of Niragi again who looked away annoyed.

"So those death games were real?" DoDo asked.

"Yes..." Aguni said looking at DoDo with a stern but somehow also soft look.

"Anything you did in those games...in that alternate form of life...or I suppose death. Wasn't your choice. It was your mind fighting for life." Takeru said as he looked at Arisu.

"And what about the people we lost, what does that say about them. Were they too weak...did they not fight hard enough?" Niragi asked.

"I don't believe that was the case. The borderlands were like one big Olympic Competition. We were all gonna be able to win. Our friends died..." I paused thinking of Yoko and Mika.

"Our friends died, to make sure we lived on for them. So lets do that."

Takeru chuckled, then let out his loudest cheer.

"LETS LIVE ON FOR THOSE WE LOST AND CELEBRATE LIFE WITH THEM IN OUR HEARTS!" He shouted, and for a split moment I saw the fun Hatter everyone loved to see.