BEACON

"NIRAGI YOU READY!" I yelled getting up to the Balcony of the building.

"JUST SAY THE WORDS!"

"LET HER RIP!" I yelled as the music started blaring and every light in the building turned on.

From afar I could see people appearing. They must have all just left some games. I ran to the elevator and went back to the first floor as the people started coming in looking around astonished by what they were seeing.

"Let them get settled before we start talking to them." I said but before I could someone pointed at me and yelled.

"ITS MIOKURO!" I snapped my head towards them as people smiled looking at me and the others.

"See. I told you, you people would know who you are." Aguni said.

"How did you get lights to work here? Is this how you guys did it before?" Someone asked.

"Are you guys gonna help us?" Someone else said.

"Ill answer all your questions soon. I promise. You guys get settled." I stepped up on a set of stairs.

"KUINA AND ARISU WILL HELP DISTRIBUTE FOOD AND WATER! AND ONCE EVERYONE COMES IN WE WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTION." I yelled as they cheered.

After a few more minutes I told Niragi to turn down the music and everyone got quiet.

"Hello everyone! I would introduce myself but it seems you already know me. But perhaps you don't know my family." Everyone walked forward.

"My brother Aguni! Arisu my brother in law! My friends Kuina, DouDou, and Niragi!" I introduced them all.

"We have all experienced this hell before and want to make it as easy as we can. Because in the end...its all based on how you play the games. Not every game can or will be an easy win." I said pacing. I looked towards one of the walls as DouDou pulled down the sheet covering a board that read "The Fallen"

"If you lose anyone close to you...." I stopped for a moment and for the first time in awhile I thought of my friends. Aguni must have realized and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I made that board as a memory. Write there name down, and remember how they lived before all of this. Make memories here so that if anything were to happen during a game your last few thoughts won't be their death." I said looking up.

"Then there is this." I looked behind me as Niragi and Aguni removed the sheet displaying all 52 of the cards.

"The point of the games is to collect all 40 of the number cards. Then we move on to the 12 face cards...which is phase two. In order for use to get out of here we have to work together."

"What makes you think we need your help?" Everyones head turned to the voice as he walked up to me. Both Arisu and Niragi stepped forward but I raised my hand.

"Im not forcing you to be here Mr?"

"Kazama." He said.

"You can leave at your own will." I said pointing towards the door. "We only want to help."

"What makes you people so special. You don't even know if this is all the same as before." He snarled.

"So far it has been." I responded.

"Isn't this how you husband got people to work for him so he didn't have to do any work?" He said causing people to mumble under their breaths.

"My husband was misguided when he first got here." I responded.

"Are you gonna cause troubles here?" Aguni finally said stepping forward.

Kazama chuckled.

"They won't always be here to save you." He said turning around.

I looked at Arisu who seemed worried.

"Ive been threatened before Arisu. He doesn't scare me." I reassured him.

"There are working cars here, lights food, and weapons. If we go out in teams it helps protect each other...however it can also be dangerous in terms if heart games. Im sure you'll want to work alone Kazama." He turned around glaring at me while I simply smiled.

"Hehe Hatter would be proud. He loved getting under our skin." Niragi whispered.

"You mean yours." I looked at him smiling.

"Like I said. This is not a jail. You are welcomed here but you are also welcome to leave. And even if you leave. The doors will always be open for you to return." I turned away from the group smiling about to tell Arisu to turn the speakers back on until.

"I do have one rule." My voice got very serious.

"If you cross us...if you harm anyone here OUTSIDE of the games." I turned and looked directly at Kazama.

"Ill let Niragi have all the fun he wants."

TAKERU

"What do you mean I can't go down there!? Thats my wife and child!" The fire man grabbed my arm trying to take me away from the collapsed elevator.

"Sir we understand that, but we don't know how far the building goes and you can't just let jump! Let us at least find the right gear for it. We'll get the ERT and help you save your wife sir."

"TAKERU! STOP!" I looked at Chishya. "Fighting is only gonna mke it worst for them...we just need to do what they say and hurry." My breathing calmed down and I wiped my face.

"I just want my family safe and with me." I muttered as the building started to rumble again. I looked up as debris started falling and before I could think I pushed the fireman infront of me out of the way getting crushed by the wood.

"TAKERU!"