Settling Scores

As I walked into the elevator I looked around quietly in the halls to make sure no one would follow me. People weren't sleeping of course so I knew I would be told on if anyone saw me leaving. The plan was to get to the garage without being seen. The blimps came out yesterday and today the games start again. I didn't want anyone else to join me no matter how much they fought me on it. I was going after Hie, he betrayed me and I fell right into it. I was going to settle the score, without the others in danger.

As I got to the garage I saw three people inside.

"Oh! Miokuro what are you doing here?" One of the girls asked.

"Im just going for a drive, thats all." I try to play it off.

"But what about the King of Spades, the games start today." The boy asked.

"The blimps move really slow, I'll be okay." I said quickly getting into the car that my keys went with. A s I got in I saw the three people running inside.

"Shit." I mumbled as I backed out to drive off and just as I looked into the reveiw mirror I saw Aguni, Arisu, and Himari running out to the garage but as soon as I felt the sun touch my face I hit the gas, going right for the Jack of Diamonds blimp.

--

As I walked inside the bar, I noticed the only thing inside was the bar and One single table in the middle of the room with two chairs. All of my weapons floated above me to the ceiling as I saw the singular gun that was in the middle of the table.

"Hello Mio." I looked for the voice as Hie emerged from a shadow in the room. "I knew you would be the one to end my rain as the Jack Of Diamonds. I should tell you that every game that is played from now until the end is being broadcasted, so that the other players game watch. Including ours, and I cannot turn it off. It is not up to me any longer." I stepped up to the table.

"What is this?" I said pointing at the table.

"Russian Roulette. I thought it only fair if you were my last opponent. I have no intentions in winning this game." I raised my eyebrow.

"Why do you feel guilty?" I said annoyed.

"No. I'm tired, ive been here for almost 6 years. Waiting to find a person like you. You..are one of the only people I have met in this world who even in the face of death put others before yourself. Even now, I bet you told no one you were coming here in fear of loosing them." I looked away from Hie.

"After you let me join you and your group I decided to watch you, and you did not disappoint. You gave so many people hope and light in a time were there was none and look at what you guys accomplished because of it. I won't lie, I'll probably be the easiest game you'll win. What they have in store for the rest of the players and for you in general is very twisted and lines will be drawn." Hie picked up the gun and I quickly stepped back.

"You showed me there there is still people with hearts even in a world like this, and for that. I can finally leave this place happy." He put the gun up to his head and I leaped forward.

"NO DON-" The gun went off and I felt his blood splatter on my face. I walked over to his body and noticed a black pouch in his hand. I took it and a small sticky note on it said.

"You'll know when to use me."

I stood there in silence for a minute looking at Hie's dead body. Everyone saw what he had done, and suddenly my weapons fell from the ceiling...the game had officially ended.

As I walked out the building I looked at the molotov bottle I made . I pulled out a lighter and lit the rag throwing it at the building.

"I'm sorry, and I hope your free now." I said trying not to cry.

"Mio.." I felt my heart drop to my feet at the voice. This had to be one of the games. He couldn't have been here. I slowly turned around and as soon as our eyes met I covered my mouth as I looked at Takeru.

He ran up to me and took me in his arms as I broke down crying. I finally had him in my arms again.

I finally had him in my arms again...but the games. The weren't over.

I took a step back.

"Takeru...how did you get here?" I asked trembling.

"I am in Osaka with An and Chishiya and I got hurt while helping an ERT member from getting crushed.

"Whe-"

"He is safe now." I nodded trying to hold in my tears.

"Awww would you look at that. Together again." Takeru turned around quickly as I stood infront of him.

"Have you finally figured it out yet?" Takeru took my hand in his but I let it go quickly to make sure I could grab my gun quick enough.

"The ERT said it wasn't an earthquake, it was a bomb that set off under the building in the store area." Takeru said loud enough for both Aku and I to hear him. I started to sweat from the heat of the building behind me that had engulfed itself in the flames.

"So, out of jealousy you killed so many people. PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU!?"I raised my voice.

"Oh come on. I'm sure Niragi told you how I treated tweaks like him, why would I give 2 fucks about these peoples lives."

"All because you couldn't handle being the loser for once, the one who no one wanted to be or be around." I smirked. " So to really show how pathetic you became when daddy's money couldn't help you anymore, you tried to get Niragi to help you and once he not only refused you but embarrassed you, you decided to put all these people in danger?" I asked stepping forward.

"Indeed." He raised a gun towards us but almost as if we read each others mind both Takeru and I burst out laughing.

"The fuck is so funny?" He asked walking closer to us but I raised my hand and pointed behind him, where he got to see all the people he just confessed being the reason they were in the borderlands. From the side of my eye, I watched Niragi throw a baseball up and hit it with a bat striking Aku right on the side of his head. He fell to the side and I grabbed his gun as the people including various militants and beach member's surrounded him.

As I heard Aku's screaming in pain I noticed a face Aguni and Arisu were giving me.

"Whats wrong?" I asked pulling Takeru with me.

"The Jack Of Hearts just changed his game when some of our beach members tried to join." I tilted my head to the side confused.

"What? They can do that, I thought these games were anyone's game?" T6akeru asked.

Aguni looked at Takeru with pain and fear in his eyes.

"The only people who can play his game is You." Aguni pointed at me. "And them." He pointed at Niragi and Takeru.

The Mad Hatters Wife (SEQUEL TO IN A WORLD OF CRAZY)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara