Chapter 12

Why am I not surprised?

"Hey, Enzo," I say.

My heart rate increases rapidly. A black t-shirt serves as his attire. His brown hair is almost long enough to make a man bun.

"Your panties are on the floor." He states.

My skin turns red. I examine the ground where my red lace g-string was left. It's possible that I missed it while cleaning my room. I'm so ashamed of myself. He does not intend to embarrass me yet I'm always left embarrassed. It's simply that awkwardness that he brings out in me.

I rapidly snatch the undies off the floor and set them back into my cabinet. I was probably getting ready earlier when it must have fallen out.
His gaze crosses my entire body, and I see it. Just for that reason, I made sure to show a little cleavage.

After last week, I didn't anticipate that we would return to our usual state. I'm already getting irritated by the fact that he appears to be making fun of me.
He enters my room and immediately begins perusing the same posters he always does when he is here.

"Dark side of the moon." He nods in approval.

Jason introduced me to Pink Floyd a while back. It reminded me of him for quite a while. Eventually, I replaced my memories of  Jason with the feelings I got while listening to the songs.

Still, sometimes I think of him when a certain song plays.

"Best album ever made," I state.

He concurs with his nod. He looks at me as he turns around. Before he interrupts, we remain silent for a while.

"Come on, you've been locked up here for too long, princess." He declares.

He moves toward the door before I can respond to what he said to me.
He heads outside and descends.

I try to process everything that has happened this last minute as I stand still in my room. The thought of his words makes me blush. He just called me princess...

He doesn't seem surprised that I haven't responded to his numerous messages. He even made an effort, messaging me multiple times throughout the day. Never thought that he was the double-texting type.

I immediately leave my room and begin my way downstairs. He seated on the couch. He adores that sofa.

He stands up and joins me by the front door.

"Right, there are a few things we need to talk about. I discovered a few things." He says.

"Alright, we need to talk about a few things. I made a few discoveries."He states.

We exit the house. I gaze ahead of me at the black car parked in the slopped driveway.

He drives a BMW. Although it is not a convertible like Frederick's vehicle, it is quite good.

I steadily pace toward his car with no hesitation. No thoughts cross my mind about where he would take me. It is quite strange hanging out with Enzo.

When I get to the front of the car, I open the door. I slowly close the door after entering, trying not to slam it. The seats are covered in dark leather.

Enzo enters the vehicle and starts the engine. He immediately activates the air conditioning to combat the summer heat.

The car is a manual. He takes the wheel. While he is turning out of the driveway, I can't help but notice his arms. How his hands grasp the stuff. Why is his driving so appealing to me?

"This is going to make you hate me."He asserts.

He keeps his attention on the road.

"What for?"I ask.