Chapter 18

"We're on our way," Merlyn shouts through the phone.

She hangs up and Enzo stops the car on the side of the road.

Fuck. Jason is walking towards us.

"Stay in the car," Enzo says.

He gets out of the car before I can say anything or argue.

I watch him walk towards Jason.

Jason has a really mad expression on his face.

It's just the two of them on the street right in front of Enzo and Jordan's house.

I soo badly want to get out and see what was going to happen, what they were going to say but Enzo told me to stay in the car.

The sun is still high up in the sky and the breeze is blowing.

I watch as they start differing a few meters in front of me.

I don't know whether to feel flattered or guilty that their arguing because of me.

I can't sit still in my seat. I feel anxious and worried. It looks like this argument might get physical.

I've got to stop them.

I open the car and storm towards them. The waft blows my hair in the right direction for once.

Enzo turns around and sees me.

"Cheryl, go back to the car." Enzo grunts.

I give him a dull look as I approach.

"What's up, Jason." I spit.

He looks like he's fuming.

I cross my arms over my chest and give them glares.

"Cherry can you please leave me and Enzo to talk," Jason asks more politely.

I look at Enzo and he has no emotion on his face. It's like nothing ever happened between us.

Is he going to come clean to Jason or is he going to lie about it? Either way, it's not my decision to make because I don't think I want anything to do with Jason.

Enzo on the other hand can't seem to let this friendship go.

"I'm not going to leave if I'm the reason for this conflict." I sigh.

They both look uncomfortable standing with the three of us there.

"Did you guys fuck?" Jason asks calmly.

Who does he think he is? How would that be any of his business? Yes, we did last summer but not while we were in the motel.

"Excuse me? No. We did not fuck. Even if we did that would be none of your damn business because you left us remember?" I shout.

Jason and Enzo look shocked at my sudden anger.

"Jason my bro. This friendship means more to me than that." Enzo states.

Did not see that coming...

Does their friendship mean more to him than whatever have? That kind of makes sense but at the same time, it makes me sad.

That hurts. Why did he have to say that? Did he mean it?

Is he choosing his friendship with Jason over me?

I shouldn't be mad. I should've seen this coming.

I have no words right now.

I hear a car approach us in the distance. Merlyn and Richard pull up in Richard's car.