Chapter 4

We pulled away from our very intimate moment. The knocking at the door put us both back into reality.

What just happened? We had just kissed and it was soo good. As much as I'd love to carry on, according to the person knocking on the door Candy was in trouble. What's wrong?

Jason grabbed my waist and helped me down the counter.

We rushed through the door. My hips were aching for his touch. I quickly moved down the passage to the stairs. I saw lights flashing outside. Blue and red lights.

I run down the stairs and notice the music had stopped. People were silently chatting amongst the crowd. Gossip travels fast in this town.

I saw Jordan on the front porch and I went to him.

"Is Candy ok?" I ask all worried.

He hesitates and looks at me.

"She fainted while we were outside and knocked her head badly on the concrete bench." He states.

"Oh no, who's with her?" I ask.

"Merlyn went with her in the ambulance to the hospital. They said she's going to be all right." He says with worry in his eyes.

I can't help but think, would it have been different if I wasn't upstairs letting Jason put his tongue down my throat? I wasn't there for her and now she's gone to the hospital.

"We have to go to the hospital," I command.

"Yes, I've got the keys to Frederick's car." Jordan pulls out the keys to Candy's brother's car.

"Freddie let Candy drive his BMW?" Jason asks.

"He doesn't know," I reply. I smile at the thought. Candice gets away with everything.

"Ok let's go then. I'll get Enzo, you guys head to the car so long." Jordan hands over the keys.

Jason and I walk to the car in awkward silence. I look over to the sunset. It's getting dark. The beach looks beautiful.

Enzo and Jordan hurry to us. I give Enzo a dirty look.

"You two love birds sit in the back." He says.

"Oh ok," I say confused.

"You guys don't have a problem fooling around in my bathroom. I'm sure you can sit next to each other." He spits.

We sit in the backseat and buckle up. I try not to make eye contact with Jason who is sitting beside me.

"How'd you know we were in your bathroom?" Jason asks.

"Everyone knows and I was the one that called you guys." He chuckles.

"How? How does everyone know?" I ask

Jordan starts reversing the car onto the road. He drives slowly trying not to hit any people in front of the party.

"Mia ran after you when you went upstairs to Cheryl. She's a difficult one to kick out." Jordan sighed.

"She was yelling that the "little bitch" stole her man again upstairs in the bathroom," Enzo repeats the words Mia said about me.

Mia has always had a crush on Jason. Even before we dated two summers ago. She's become obsessed with him.

"How lovely of her," I say in sarcasm.

My hair starts blowing in the wind as Jordan drives up to the main road. The roof of the convertible is down.

I feel Jason's hand placed on my left thigh. He gives a comforting squeeze. I look at him and he gives me a slight nod.

I'm worried about Candice. What if she has brain damage? Maybe I'm exaggerating.