4

Calum wakes up with his chest against Luke's back. His hand is pressed flat against Luke's stomach, forcing him impossibly closer, while his chin is hooked over the top of Luke's head. Their legs are tangled together in the sheets, and Luke's pants are still unbuttoned.

Calum pretends to be asleep when Luke wakes up. Its somehow easier than addressing the fact that the literally slept together. Its easier than remembering that Calum had finally, finally gotten a hand on Luke's díck.

Luke ducks his way out of Calum's grip and stumbles around the room. A quick peek confirms that Luke is stealing all of Calum's clothes. He sets something on the bedside table and then leaves, Calum hears the front door slam shut from down the hall. He waits a few seconds, then sighs heavily and sits up. The bed feels cold and Calum feels cold and he wishes Luke didn't feel the need to run away.

Calum's not too worried, though, given that Luke's clothes are scattered all over his floor. He smiles at the mess Luke managed to make in two minutes, and glances over to see what Luke left on the bedside table. Its a handheld bible, with print so small Calum can barely read it. The plastic cover looks old and worn, all soft and loose against the pages. Calum runs his fingers over the edge a few times, then throws it into the drawer and hauls himself out of bed.

Michael and Ashton are sitting on either side of the kitchen counter, staring at another bible in between them. It looks newer than the one Calum had found, and has a sticker that reads "Autographed Copy!" on the front.

"Luke," Michael explains when he notices Calum looking at the little book. "Luke autographed it."

Calum laughs and reaches forward to flip the cover open. On the inside, it reads "To Ashton with love, Luke,"

"With love," Calum points out, holding the tiny bible up so Ashton can see it. There's no fucking way Ashton can read it, he doesn't have his glasses on and he's still blind, even with them. The print is too tiny.

"You guys can do whatever you want with it," Ashton shrugs. He's still squinting at the bible, trying and failing to make out Luke's handwriting.

Calum sighs at him. "Where are your glasses?"

Ashton huffs and Michael smiles at him fondly. "He lost them,"

"You sat on them, you cow!" Ashton scoffs almost instantly. Calum rolls his eyes and tosses the bible to Michael, who catches it and starts flipping through it. "Whatever, I'm going to call the eye place, you can do whatever you want with that thing."

Michael's eyes light up. As soon as Ashton leaves, he flicks on the stove and sets the small book on top. Calum snatches it off.

"This is plastic!" He points at it. "Its going to drip right into there when it melts!" He points at the burner and Michael frowns. After a few seconds of quick thinking, Michael sets a plate onto the burner, then places the bible on top.

They watch it patiently, until the plate shatters and Ashton shrieks from upstairs.

"Michael!" He yells. The plate is in multiple pieces, scattered across the kitchen floor, and the bible slides to a stop in front of their feet.

"That was a bust," Michael pinks up the bible and starts rooting around in the cabinets and drawers for something. He retrieves a lighter, holding it up triumphantly, just as Ashton runs into the kitchen.

"Out!" He yells. "Both of you, get out!" Calum huffs, because this is so not his fault, but follows Michael out into the driveway, anyway. Michael sets the bible on fire and drips it into the concrete, watching the pages go up in flames.