14

((Uh yooo lmao sorry it's been like a whole ass year I still love y'all tho

-Mel))

Calum's awoken by the doorbell ringing. He ignores it and nestles further into his pillow. The second time it rings, he hikes the blanket up to tuck it under his chin. The third time, his nose scrunches up in annoyance. There's a loud bang from upstairs, followed by Ashton yelling, "Answer the fucking door, basement dweller!"

Calum scowls and kicks the blankets off of him forcefully. "This is the ground floor, dumbass!" He yells back.

The doorbell rings again and Calum groans as he crawls out of bed, followed by two pained noises from upstairs. Calum drags himself from his warm room and out into the hall, all the way to the front door. When he flings it open, he's instantly insulted by blinding sunlight. He squints and holds his hand up to block the sun, squinting at the figure on the doorstep at- by the looks of it, 8 in the morning. On a Sunday, no less.

When his eyes adjust, he blinks at Luke, then drops his hand to his side. Which is bare, aside from his boxers, he notices. "Luke? What are you doing here."

"I, um-" Luke cuts off and looks at his feet sheepishly, reaching up to rub at the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to church with me."

"No," Calum says bluntly.

Luke glances up at him. "I want you to. You- okay, listen, you don't understand what I've- what I had to go through to get to this place I am right now."

Calum eyes his body pointedly, then glances at the shiny black car behind him in the driveway. "On my front step?"

"Gay," Luke flushes immediately as he says it. "Or whatever. I like a boy and you don't know how hard it's been to admit that. And I want you to, because I- I really, really like you. I don't want to lose you. Please spend the day with me?"

"I thought it was just church?" Calum raises his eyebrows and crosses his arms over his chest. "Now it's the whole day?"

"I don't just get shamed in church," Luke replies. "I'm from the rich part of town, Calum. I get shamed walking into the grocery store, the gas station, my mom. And I'm going to get shamed from all those things today, so I want you to see and understand how fucking hard this is for me."

Calum shrugs. It could be interesting to see how Luke lives. Besides, he can prove how hard it probably isn't for someone who isn't a privileged rich boy. "Alright, fine. Let me get dressed."

"No jeans," Luke squeezes past him and into the house. It gives Calum a good view of his dress pants and blue button up shirt. "Here, I'll-" Luke starts his way down the hallway, so Calum shuts the front door and follows him. By the time he gets to his bedroom, Luke's already digging through his closet. He ruffles around for a while before pulling out a lighter blue dress shirt and tossing it at Calum.

Calum throws it on and wrestles with the buttons, still blinking sleep out of his eyes. Once he figures it out, Luke hands him some dress pants, and then marches back down the hall to the bathroom. Calum nearly falls over in his hurry to slip the pants on and follow him.

"Brush," Luke shoves a toothbrush into his hand as soon as Calum steps into the bathroom. He brushes, so Luke grabs the hair gel and pours it into his palm. His blonde hair is slicked back nicely, so Calum allows him to do the same to his dark hair.

As soon as he spits, he follows Luke from the house and into his nice black car. "What should I expect?" Calum asks as Luke starts his car.

"Rich suburban white people," Luke replies. "With judging, beady little eyes and no lips."