6

Calum's sick. Well, okay, maybe that's not right because he feels fine physically. It's just, Ashton's baking cupcakes in the middle of the kitchen and Michael's been singing the same fucking One Direction song for the past hour.

Calum's bedroom is on the lower floor, right next to the kitchen, so he can't even escape. There's a loud clatter in the other room, followed by Michael laughing hysterically, and Calum starts to wonder if throwing himself bodily out the window would be dramatic.

"Ah, fuck," Ashton's saying when Calum steps into the kitchen. There's pots and pans all over the floor, but Ashton's making no move to pick them up. Michael's sitting on the counter with a giant grin on his face, and Calum really doesn't want to know what happened.

"I'm going to Luke's," Calum announces. He's thought about it, there's pretty much no other place he can go to escape. He doesn't even know where Luke lives.

"No!" Ashton yells immediately. "No, not yet! We're making cupcakes!"

Calum glances between Ashton and where Michael's scooping frosting out of a bowl with his fingers. He's not sure what Ashton means by we. Ashton glances over and huffs when he notices Michael's pink fingers, marching over to snatched the bowl away. Michael pouts.

"You making cupcakes does not involve me," Calum reminds him patiently.

"No," Ashton's eyeing Michael and Calum's uncomfortable. "We're making cupcakes for Luke. To apologize because, you know, we kind of fucked up the double date last night."

"You did," Calum agrees, crossing his arms over his chest. Ashton manages to look a bit shameful, cheeks tinting pink and eyes flicking down to the floor between Calum's feet. Calum's phone dings before he can say anything else, so he pulls it out of his back pocket to find a message from Luke, quickly followed by three more in quick succession.

Hey, I'm coming over in a few.

If that's okay?

I hope that's okay because I have nothing else to do.

Calum?? Is it okay???

Calum really can't help the fond smile that creeps onto his lips. He types out an agreement and shoves the phone back into his pocket. By the time he looks back up, Ashton's standing in between Michael's legs and sucking pink frosting off his fingers.

"Jesus!" Calum yells. Ashton glances over with Michael's fingers still halfway down his throat and raises his eyebrows. "Can you guys do that on your own time?"

"I own one third of this kitchen," Ashton points out, pulling off of Michael's hand with a pop. "Mikey owns another third, and you're standing in your third. None of this goes against the house rules."

"It's a communal space!" Calum argues. Michael ignores both of them and loops his legs around Ashton's waist, tugging him close enough that he can start thumbing the excess flour off of Ashton's jaw. "Next time you guys are fucking, I'm going to stand in your bedroom because I own a third of it!"

"Nice," Michael perks up then and looks over with hopeful eyes. "Do you like watching, Cal?"

Ashton shrugs a bit. "I'm into it."

Calum sighs in exasperation and throws his hands up, letting them slap back down to his thighs. "I hate both of you, fuck off."

"Fuck on," Michael corrects. He punctuates the statement by digging his heels into Ashton's lower back to drag him even closer, grinding the two of them together and forcing a small gasp from Ashton.