Chapter 4: Broadview Memorial

Extra, extra, read all about it!!!

The Present:

The news was out. The press had gotten wind about it all. The shooting of Luciano Christie in his yard, at his front door had spread like wild fire. 

The youngest heir to Christie Corp's life hung in the balance. From Toronto's Time Express to Paris' Herald, to Tokyo's Gazette, the news was on every platform.

The local and international news was discussing the shooting on live television. Social media exploded from Instagram to Facebook, all sending their thoughts and prayers to the Christie family. 

Those who followed the young heir to those who knew him personally, started in on the conversation of why he was shot and who would dare to do such.

+++

Isabella and Lucian Christie exited the black hummer limo with speed as the ambulance docked into the emergency bay of the hospital. 

The frantic mother shouted orders at the support workers, ordering them to call the best doctors on hand.

Lucian was on the phone summoning his doctors on retainer. They were being flown in with haste.

Large male nurses blocked Isabella as she tried to push her way into the private operating theater.

"Get your hands off of me," she shouted, still with tears plastered on her face. "Do you know who I am?"

"Yes ma'am," replied the tall and buff nurse, holding his ground. "But you have to let the doctors do their job without any distraction."

"Mom," screamed Lexie, eldest daughter of the Christie's. "Please, stay with me."

Lexie's long dark hair was flouncing around her shoulders. Her long lashes drew your attention to her big brown eyes and round face. She was slim and draped in a long blue designer dress which fell above her knees.

Isabella looked to her daughter but made her way to her husband who was firm with his tone to the ones he was speaking to on the phone.

"Get here now!" he demanded.

"What happens if we lose our bambino," cried Isabella, her make up smeared, her black dress stained with tears, dirt and her son's precious blood.

Lucian held his wife's hand, kissing her forehead and then replied, "We just have to hope these doctors can help him hold on until Jeremiah or Kevin get's here and..."

Before the sentence could be finished, the double doors to the ER, flung opened and two doctors dressed in their scrubs walked over to the Christie family.

Isabella tried to read their face as they took off their masks. She observed their movements carefully, trying to decipher the news from their body language.

The two stopped in front of the Christie's. Lucian hugged his wife as Lexie clung to her mother's right arm.

"I'm doctor Runnymede and this is doctor Islington. This is the hardest part of the job," said the taller of the two doctors, Runnymede.

"Spit it out," said Isabella, grinding her teeth.

"Luciano succumbed to the gun shot," replied the shorter doctor, Islington. "He's gone."