Chapter 11: The Affair Unveiled

Get out, get out, get out!!!

The Future:

The rain was spitting on them. The wind was blowing in all directions. The trees gave them a bit of shelter. Why did the sun not show its presence to shine a light on such a dark moment?

His mother was able to stand next to him, her hand clutched to his as his father and brother stood behind.

"I can't believe I am at his funeral," said Troy and his voice broke as he looked at the last parts of the casket being lowered into the earth. "Why is this happening? Who would want to kill him?"

+++

The Present:

The hotel restaurant was quiet and elegant, but of course it was a five-star hotel in the heart of downtown Royal York. Troy could not believe how easy was to talk to Lexie and that was an issue.

He could not allow his previous feelings for her which he thought was long gone to interfere with his current relationship.

He felt guilty for wanting to have her in his company longer and smiling when she smiled. The hello and goodbye kiss on both cheeks made his body heat rise and his face flush. He was fortunate hate she could not see it due to his bronze skin.

He needed to talk to Laney as his judgement is being impaired by their quarrel.

"It was nice seeing you again Lexie," said a happy Troy. "I need to go see a friend but again it was nice seeing you after so long."

"Bye Troy," replied Lexie, watching him exit the other way.

She was fuming at what she saw. Why was her sister and boyfriend having lunch and at a hotel at that too? How could her own sister betray her like that? She would not stand for it.

Lexie could not believe how much she missed out about her brother's life and how much she, he and troy have in common. Her eyes twinkly until she saw her enraged sister Laney.

"What was that?" said Laney pointing to the table Troy and her previously sat.

Lexie looked at her litter sister and replied, "It was a thank you meal for standing up for him due to the return of a certain brother thanks to a certain sister, girlfriend."

Laney knew this was and would continue to be an issue in her relationship. She wished Troy would give her the time to explain herself but he was determined to not listen to reason.

"Stay away from Troy," said Laney in a warning tone.

Lexie walked up to her sister and looked her full in the face and replied darky, "You should treasure him before you lose him, like Luciano, he is a good man."

Laney was taken aback by the statement as her sister bumped into her shoulder and walked away. She turned to look at her sister and was a bit worried about her words and the way she said it.

Her phone pinged and she looked down at the message she received from Troy and her heart sank at the words.

We need to talk

+++

She could not believe he was standing before her. He looked good she had to admit that even though he looked like her, like they had not had a good night's rest after finding out about Luciano and his passing. Guilt was eating away at her but was it doing the same for Rome?

"What the hell are you doing here?" she screamed. "How did you even get into my apartment?"

Rome could not help but stare at her, even when she was upset and angry and suffering, she was still the light at the end of the tunnel for him.