Chapter 9: The Troublemaking Trio

Word Count: 1,197

Chapter 9: The Troublemaking Trio

Saturday was a quiet day, and despite Jason's saddening news, I still had a refreshing afternoon of relaxation. That night I had heard some noise coming from the Common Room, but I was too tired and way too relaxed under my comfortable green covers to go check it out.

On the other hand, Sunday was anything but peaceful. The morning started off disastrous after I accidentally bumped into and subsequently knocked over Gilgamesh. After trying to reconcile with "his highness", I spent fifteen minutes listening to him talk my ears off about his prophecy and how he was destined to do many great things. Utter nonsense and the like. I was finally rescued when Mathias and Lucian came by and thought it would be funny to use the jelly legs jinx on him. After poor Gilgamesh collapsed to the ground, his leg support no stronger than jello, the two idiots grabbed my hand and dragged me off to a corridor just outside the Great Hall.

"What are we doing here?"

"You, my queen, are going to assist in some pranks," Mathias said. I tried to hide my grin. "That is if you're interested."

"What kind of pranks?"

"Jinxes, hexes, and the like. Nothing too dangerous, just a bit of mischief."

"You promise nothing dangerous or hurtful?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Hmm... Alright. But only a few. I don't want to get in too much trouble. So, who's our first target?"

"Doesn't matter much to us, whoever comes out of the Great Hall. We mainly need you as a distraction. Talk to them and stall them for a bit so we can hit them with a spell or two without them noticing."

Suddenly I noticed my brother and his friends heading out of the hall. I dashed behind a statue, quickly ducking behind it so as not to be seen, but then I realized something. I quickly peaked out to see where Lucian and Mathias were. I tried to get their attention, to get them to call off this prank, but they were too focused. Before I could say anything or call out for them to stop, a flash of green shot from Mathias' wand, hitting Leon. We all watched, somewhat horrified, as he was levitated upside down, hanging by his ankles. Mathias looked at me, finally seeing my panicked expressions telling him to stop. He quickly let go of his hold and Leon fell to the ground with a thump and a grunt. The three of us ran from our hiding place, revealing our presence.

"Lee! Are you okay?" I asked worriedly, forgetting for a moment that I had used the forbidden nickname. I offered a hand out to him to help him up. He blinked in both shock and confusion before a third emotion clouded his face.

"Did you do that?" He asked solemnly. I was quiet, I didn't know what to say. I froze. "Did you just jinx me?!" He slapped my hand away and quickly stood up on his own, fury in his face.

"It was me, I shot that spell," Mathias quickly jumped to my defense, seeing my frozen features. Leon didn't care, though. He just wanted to be angry, and I was his easy target.

"How dare you! What did I tell you? All Slytherins are trouble!" Leon said, the latter statements directed to his friends. He turned to me again,"Somehow you managed to get into the thick of their evil. Anything they touch, they corrupt! Anything YOU touch, YOU corrupt! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Leon shoved me, but before he could storm off Lucian just had to make a comment.

"You guys sure are something. Imagine having a temper tantrum over a little jinx," Lucian said with a tone of mockery. Oh no.

"What was that?" Theodore asked menacingly. They were all staring daggers at us now, totally fixated on their anger.

"You snobby Slytherins are so full of yourselves, y'know that?" Nathaniel said, ganging up on us. "I think you Slytherins need to be taught a lesson!" By now, from our formation they had surrounded the three of us and backed us against the wall.

"What's the big idea?!" Mathias shouted.

"We could ask you the same! You're always up to no good," Even Dantes joined in.

"You don't even know us!"

"We don't need to, not after you attacked me! Especially not after the fact that you're Slytherins, that speaks more volume than anything," Leon pulled out his wand threateningly. I had had enough.

"Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?!" I finally shouted back. "Your prejudice blinds you of everything else. Slytherin or not, we're human too! So stop treating us like we're the bad guys, all you've done since we've been here is scorn and ridicule me for something that I have no control over! Who's the real bully here?!"

"Slytherins are bound to cause nothing but evil atrocities and chaos! You're one of them, you'll turn out the same!"

"I'M YOUR SISTER!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!" This was the breaking point. We each held out our wands and cast a spell, hitting the other at the same time. I watched with satisfaction as Leon collapsed to the ground, his legs no stronger than jelly. My satisfaction was short-lived, however, as I suddenly felt queasy. Soon, it turned to extreme nausea and I felt my stomach churn as I proceeded to throw up a slug. Mathias and Lucian grabbed my arms and pulled me away from Leon's group. We ran down the corridors until we reached the green houses, of course with me throwing up slugs along the way. Lucian grabbed me a wooden bucket from the gardening supplies and gave it to me. We sat against one of the greenhouses as I threw up slugs, waiting for it to stop.

"What a piece of work, that's really your brother, Sachie?" Lucian asked.

"Yeah.." I muttered woozily. There was a moment of silence.

"Are you okay?" Mathias asked gently.

"You tell me!" I cried out, proceeding to throw up another slug.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't have gotten you in on our pranks. We just wanted to have some fun."

"No no, it's not your fault," I sighed, burping a little. "It's mine for thinking I could change his mind. I didn't want anyone else to get involved in our family drama," I said, trailing off as I barfed up another slug. "But I guess things don't always work out the way we plan, huh?" I began crying, which when you're barfing up slugs is not a good combination.

Eventually the slugs stopped, but the pain didn't. For the next few weeks, Leon's friends would do whatever they could to single me out and pick on my friends, and sometimes even Leon himself would too. The occasional jinx or hex was sent our way from an unknown source, but I always knew who it was from. I did my best not to engage him back, but after that first fight, all other fights came so naturally. Things seemed like they were never going to be the same between Leon and I ever again, and in truth, they never were.

Slytherin Tales: The Divine SevenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara