Chapter 14: Valentine's Day

Word Count: 3,459

Chapter 14: Valentine's Day

It took a while for me to recover from the werewolf attack, but slowly I returned to my normal self. Luckily, Leon and his friends hardly bothered me during this time, most likely since Lucian and Mathias took the brunt of it, to which I must thank them for later. My parents and I exchanged numerous letters and I told them much about how my life at Hogwarts had been going. I enjoyed the fall season, the grounds covered in reddish orange hues and the cool crisp air. During this time, I visited Unkle with Elliot on several occasions and did quite well in my classes. I attended every Potions Club as well, assisting many students and polishing my own skills in potions as well. Potions had by far been my favorite class, Professor Wolfram even told me my natural skills were far and above most fourth years. He was by far my favorite teacher, and as time went on, he began to let me come by early to use his classroom or any leftover ingredients so I could practice my skills, even teaching me more advanced tricks.

The seasons changed from fall to winter and we had midterm exams. I attended study sessions with my friends and passed all of the exams with flying colors. Christmas break came and most of my friends went home to their families, the only one who didn't was Rubina. I also think Genesis stayed at the castle for the break. I, on the other hand, went home with my brothers. My parents took some time off of work to spend with us, and they got to see first hand how Leon had been acting all semester. While at home, he refused to talk to me, interact with me, or even acknowledge my existence. My parents did their best to try to get him to come around, but his stubbornness and pride were too great for him to change. I sent each of my friends a gift with Bandiboo and overall enjoyed the Christmas break, for the most part. I was getting annoyed with Leon's treatment of me, especially since being at home we were always in close proximity with one another. Jason tried talking to him about it, but every attempt was a failure.

Following the break, we returned to school and things went back to the way they were. Leon and his friends began targeting my friends, which was unfortunate as Leon began to show a natural knack for charms, specifically jinxes and hexes as it turned out. I once more joined Lucian and Mathias in getting them back with pranks and while we avoided getting caught and punished for the most part, though there were a couple of times we accidentally caused our house to lose points. I never followed Genesis again or even snuck out at night, but I always made a note of when she would leave. I also returned to my lessons with Albert as well as the club.

It was February 13th and since it was Thursday, I had just finished a tutoring session with Albert. The entire time I felt butterflies in my stomach, for tomorrow was Valentine's Day and I decided I was going to give him a card. A thank you Valentine's Card of course, nothing weird or anything, just something to thank him for all the help. I was thinking of maybe even asking him to the Valentine's Day Ball, but I was sure he already had a date and I didn't want to seem weird. A thank you card would surely be more appropriate I decided. I grabbed some food from the Great Hall and settled myself down in the Slytherin Common Room. I was sitting on the floor bent over a table writing a note on the card I'd picked out, when Val, Lucian, and Mathias walked by, returning from dinner.

"Hey there Sachie, we didn't see you at the feast tonight. What manner of sorts might you be up to?" Mathias asked, noticing my frantic writing. I quickly tried to use my body to hide the card.

"Writing," I replied curtly.

"Writing what?" He peered his head over my shoulder, his black hair falling in front of his face.

"None of your business!"

"Is it a Valentine's Day Card?" asked Lucian.

"Maybe."