iii. traum

Jimin smiles softly as he takes in the view of the moon, the stars speckled over the sky. The wind was a little chilly, but the blanket draped over his shoulders and the comfort of his hoodie kept him warm. It was relaxing.

He peels his eyes from the night sky to look at her and his smiles widens just a little. He admires the way her eyes sparkle with the reflection of the stars and the way her lips were slightly parted to take in the fresh air. The other half of the blanket was wrapped around her shoulders, over the hoodie he'd excitedly given to her.

It wasn't the first time she'd worn one of his hoodies, but it was the first time since their first date. He felt like his heart would burst every time he thought of how happy and excited she had been as they had a picnic for their first date. It hadn't been anything extravagant, especially since they hadn't wanted to catch the attention of the media, but they'd both been extremely happy.

She feels his stare and turns to look at him, a blush rising to her cheeks as she notices the look in his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." She breaths out, looking down to let her hair fall forward to cover her burning cheeks.

"Like what?" He asks, looking at her in slight amusement at how flustered she got.

"Like I'm the whole world to you." She says softly and he takes in a deep breath.

"But you are."

"Since when are you so cheesy, Park Jimin?" She asks, looking back up at him and he shrugs innocently. "Please don't tell me you've been listening to what Jin has been saying. Actually the last dad joke he told me was actually pretty good, want to hear it?"

"If it's the one about why melons can't get married, I'll pass." He hums, making her groan.

"I actually liked that one. You're taking the fun out of it." She mumbles, making him chuckle as she pouts. "To be honest I think it's the fact that he laughs at his own jokes that make the joke even funnier."

"Are we really going to talk about Jin right now?" Jimin asks with a raised eyebrow and she shrugs.

"We're talking about his jokes actually. Not specifically him. Oh, I have a good one. When does a joke become a dad joke?" She asks excitedly and he smiles at how adorable she was when she got so excited. He shrugs, uncertain of the answer. "When it's a-parent."

"Oh dear." He sighs, shaking his head disapprovingly but can't help the soft chuckles to escape his lips.

"Funny right?" She giggles, making him give her a look and she rolls her eyes. "You are no fun. I'll tell Jin next time I see him."

He stops paying attention to what she is saying as his eyes trail down to her lips. His right hand reaches forward and cups her cheek, making her stop talking and look at him in confusion. He leans closer, causing her breath to stop and her eyes to widen slightly. Their nose touch and he waits a little, waiting for the pull back or to push him away, but when she doesn't he leans a little closer.

His lips hover over hers and he hesitates. He couldn't help but wonder if she'd regret this later on. It seems like she can sense his hesitation and she decides to get over her shock, before removing that last bit of distance between them.

As soon as their lips meet, his heart bursts and his eyes flutter shut. His other hand moves up to take hold of the other side of her face, pulling her just a tad bit closer to him. The blanket slips off their shoulders, but they don't pay mind to it as they're lost in their own world.

He doesn't wake up with cold sweat running down his skin this time. This time it's tears that paint his skin. He closes his eyes again, trying to stop the tears from flowing, biting his lip to hold back any sob or cry that could dare escape. He rolls on his side, curling up and holding tightly on to this blanket as if it would leave if he let go.

His heartaches for her.