iv. droom

He makes his way to the kitchen, hunger having forced him out of bed after having tried to fall back asleep after his dream. He usually woke up much later in the day, but today the sun was barely visible before he slipped out of the room and made his way to kitchen. And it seems he isn't the only one awake at the break of dawn.

"Jimin? What are you doing up at this time?" Jin asks from behind the kitchen counter. He puts the knife he was using to cut the mango down and puts all his attention on the younger member.

"It's not a crime to be up at this time." Jimin says teasingly as he pushes himself up on one of the high stools at the counter. Jin raises an eyebrow, clearly seeing through him avoiding the question.

"It's not a crime. But you're not one to wake up this early." Jin points out accusingly, as he turns around towards the cupboards and takes two plates out. He sets them down next to the cutting board and continues slicing the mango.

"I just couldn't sleep anymore." Jimin shrugs nonchalantly, making Jin hum in response. He puts half of the sliced mango on one plate and the other half on the other plate, before handing one to Jimin. "Do you usually wake up this early?"

"No. I have to be somewhere. I'm meeting up with a friend." Jin muses after taking and swallowing a piece of mango. "Are you okay? Yoongi mentioned that you were a little distracted during recording. And now you're up at these hours."

"I've been having a hard time sleeping lately." Jimin says honestly, Jin stays silent as he awaits for him to continue. Jimin takes it as a sign to open up about his recent dreams. "Old memories keep coming back as dreams. It's been making it hard to sleep."

"Memories? Of what?" Jin asks, watching him curiously. Silent concern was evident in his eyes as he watches Jimin carefully.

"Maeve. When we used to be happy. Before she left." Jimin stares at his plate, absentmindedly poking at the mango pieces. Jin takes in a sharp breath at the revelation.

"Has something trigged those memories to come in your dreams? You had mentioned you were ready to move on, just a month ago. What happened?" Jin asks in worry, making Jimin shrug uncertain of the answer.

"I don't know." Jimin sighs. "You still talk to her?"

"Once in a while. Just casual check ins." Jin answers honestly, making Jimin look up at him.

"Has... has she moved on?" Jimin asks hesitantly and Jin gives him a look, silently telling him that knowing would not make things easier. "I just... I just want to know if she's happy."

"It was hard on her too. She hasn't said anything about moving on, but I think she has started healing from the heartache." Jin answers softly, making Jimin nod in acceptance. "I can't tell you what to do or how to proceed, for I have no experience in what you're going through. But don't keep it in the way you did back then. Talk to us, okay? We'll always be willing to listen."

"Thank you. I appreciate it." Jimin smiles gratefully, receiving a soft smile in response. Jimin finally starts eating the mango as he thinks through the words Jin has shared and tries to figure out how to make those dreams stop.