x. 梦

The silence at the table had become deafening and unbearable. They were all seated together, having breakfast together. No one had said a word, other than the requests to pass something across the table. It was clear what was on everyone's mind, but no one dared to speak up. Jimin hated it. He knew he was the main topic of everyone's thoughts right now.

"Can you pass me the salt?" Jungkook asks for the third time.

"Okay, that's enough. You don't get the salt or else you'll be eating salt rather than food." Yoongi says firmly, making Jungkook pout and his shoulders drop. "Let's stop pretending there is nothing wrong."

"I think we should continue." Jimin says softly, but Yoongi hears him and shakes his head.

"No. Jimin, we care about you so we won't. You can't keep doing this. It's been two years. And all you're doing is hurting yourself." Yoongi says calmly, but it was clear that he was worried. "Seeing you hurting is hurting us too. We want you to be happy. So, please just talk to us."

"We just want to help you." Namjoon adds on, making Jimin poke at his food as he avoids their gaze. He understood where they were coming from, but he was scared that if he opened up about his emotions it would make things worse. "I know that you think talking to us about your emotions is burdensome, but it's not. Whatever it is you're going through in life, we'll always be there to help you."

"We're not trying to pressure you either, we're just worried. At least tell us you're not okay. You don't need to say why, just that you're not and then we'll do the best time support and help you." Jin says as he takes the salt away before Jungkook reaches for it.

"We want you to be happy, Jimin." Hoseok adds on, making Jimin take in a deep breath.

"I... It's just..." Jimin trails off as his throat tightens at the thought of her. "I don't think I can move on. I know it may be stupid because we dated for only 10 months, but she made me really happy. And I don't think anyone can make me feel the way she did."

"Listen, I understand it feels like there can ever only be her at the moment. But if you two are truly meant to be she'll come back eventually and if you're not, there is someone out there who will make you feel so much more than Maeve ever could. I don't mean this in the sense that there is no hope for you and Maeve, but it's just something worth keeping in mind." Namjoon says softly, making Jimin nod in understanding.

"Have you thought of maybe talking to her?" Jin suggests, making everyone look at him in bewilderment. "I know I'm handsome but now is not the time to stare." They all let out chuckles, shaking their heads in disbelief at him. "I know it sounds crazy. But you two ended it because of circumstances surrounding you, so there was still mutual love for each other. So either you'll get the closure you want or maybe... just maybe you two can rekindle what you had."

"That's not a bad idea." Taehyung says, making Jin nod once in appreciation for him agreeing. "You still talk to her, Jin. Do you think there is any way you can get them in touch?"

"That's the tricky part. I can't just give you her number because if I ask her, because there ie no way of telling how she'll react. Especially now that she decided to move on. But what I can do is set up a meeting between you two and not tell her that she's meeting you instead of me." Jin explains, causing Jimin to frown.

"But what if she doesn't want to see me. You're saying she's decided to move on." Jimin points out.

"Oh, please. She was like a little sister to me. I know when she says one thing but means something else. She is still in love with you. There is no denying that. Even she can't dare do it." Jin says confidently, making Jungkook hum.

"He has a point. Even though we didn't know you two were together, we weren't blind to the way she felt about you. She cared for you a lot. And the way she ended things shows that it hurt her a lot to do it." Jungkook says, making Taehyung nod in agreement.

"So, are you willing to do it?" Taehyung asks, making Jimin take a deep breath as he thinks this through. "You don't have to if you don't want. But it wouldn't be a bad idea."