viii. somnium

"Okay, tell me. What's up with you these days?" Hoseok asks as he lays down next to Jimin in his bed. Jimin curls up and looks at Hoseok, unshed tears burning his eyes. "Everyone has noticed how you've been more quiet and reserved. Jin has mentioned something, but wouldn't get into details. He said we should ask you. Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's stupid." Jimin says softly, pulling the blanket closer while Hoseok shifts to face Jimin, their knees nearly touching.

"It's not. Your emotions are not stupid, no matter what it is about. If Taehyung ate your dumblings again, let me know I'll go fight him." Hoseok says, making Jimin chuckle and shake his head.

"No. It's just..." Jimin sniffles trying to hold in his tears. He didn't want to cry. "I can't forget, no matter how hard I try. Even the smallest things remind me of her."

He didn't have to mention a name for Hoseok to immediately know who he was talking about. Maeve had perhaps not been his first girlfriend, but none of them had had the effect she did on him, before and after the breakup. When they had found out that they had been in a relationship and broken up, Hoseok had watched Jimin lose the light in his eyes. It had been slowly growing back, but this past few weeks it had dimmed a little.

"You're not meant to forget her, Jimin. You cant forget all the memories and the time spent together. And it's okay to miss her. You've known her for so long and she meant so much to you." Hoseok says softly, choosing his words carefully. He couldn't understand Jimin's pain to the fullest extent, but that would not stop him from doing his best to comfort him.

"Am I ever going to be able to move on?" Jimin asks, not able to hold back one of the tears as it rolls down the bridge of his nose onto the pillow.

"It's not going to be easy. But it's not impossible. You have to give the heart time to heal." He hums in response and Jimin nods in understanding. Before any of them can respond, the door swings open, making the two look up to see Taehyung.

"Whoa. Jimin! Are you cheating on me?" Taehyung asks dramatically, before skipping towards the bed and throwing himself on top of the two.

"You're so heavy! Get off me." Jimin jokes, trying to push Taehyung off, while Hoseok starts laughing.

"Heavy? Are you saying I've gained muscles?" Taehyung smirks and Jimin hits him playfully, a smile forming in his lips.

"What is going on here?" Another voice from the door catches the trios attention. Through the mess of blankets and limps, they raise their heads to see Jin and Jungkook standing at the doorway with Namjoon and Yoongi right behind. "Are we doing movie night or no?"

"I'm very comfortable here, so no." Taehyung says teasingly, making Jungkook smirk mischievously.

"Let's see for how long." Jungkook says challengingly before running as fast as he can towards them, before leaping right on top of Taehyung. Groans and exclamations of protests can be heard clearly.

"I can't breath! Help." Hoseok exclaims dramatically, reaching his hand out for help.

"I'm coming to rescue!" Yoongi exclaims excitedly, before rushing towards Hoseok and grabbing his hand. As he attempts to pull out Hoseok from under the human pile, he ends up being pulled on top.

"How are you helping right now?" Jimin exclaims, unable to control his laughter as he is being crushed by three of his friends. Jin walks towards the bed and pushes Yoongi and Jungkook off Taehyung while Namjoon pulls Taehyung up.

"Air! I love you!" Hoseok says happily, making them all chuckle.

"So movie?" Jungkook asks as he sits on the edge of the bed. They all look at each other, before silently coming to an agreement.

"Nah." Jimin shakes his head and pulls the covers aside as Jungkook crawls in between Hoseok and him.

"Make more space." Jin says, using hand motions to express his wants. Jimin shifts closer to Jungkook and Jin slides in next to him, followed by the others. Yoongi ends up in between Taehyung and Hoseok, while Namjoon is on the other side of Jin.

"This is nice." Namjoon hums, as they're all seated with their backs against the headboard and the blanket covering them.

"Yeah. It is. But I'm already bored."