epilogue

He can't help but grin as he looks at his reflection in the mirror. Jimin couldn't believe he was standing here waiting for the wedding to get started. If anyone had asked him two years ago if he'd be here right now, he'd have cried and not believed it. Yet here he was. About to marry the love of his life.

"Excited? Happy? Nervous?" Hoseok asks as he stands next to Jimin.

"All of the above. She hasn't runaway right?" Jimin asks jokingly, making Hoseok shake his head and chuckle.

"No. Jin and Namjoon are with her and the bridesmaids. Apparently she's crying and they're trying to stop her from ruining the makeup." Hoseok says with a smile, making Jimin chuckle softly.

"I might cry." Jimin says honestly as he feels eyes burning, making Hoseok shake his head.

"Save the tears for when she's walking down the aisle. You have a beautiful soon to be wife." Hoseok says, making Jimin beam happily. "I can't believe you're getting married. You're the first one of us. I might also start crying."

"Hobi. If you cry, I cry. So don't." Jimin sniffles as he can't hold back the tears.

"You're already crying." Hoseok says accusingly, his voice cracking.

"It's supposed to be a happy day. Both of you stop this." Jungkook comes with a soft smile, being extremely excited and happy for Jimin. Hoseok wipes away his tears and nods in agreement.

"You're right. No crying until the vows." Hoseok says, making Jimin take in a deep breath to calm himself down and stop crying.

"You guys have to grow a backbone." Taehyung says as he shakes his head, making them all look at him in disbelief.

"As if you weren't crying all of last night. It was supposed to be Jimin's Bachelor party and all you did was cry about him replacing you." Yoongi says accusingly, making Taehyung smile sheepishly and Jimin chuckles as he looks back at his reflection.

"How do I look?" He asks.

"Nearly as great as I do." Jin says as he walks into the room, making Jimin roll his eyes with an amused smile. "I'm just kidding. You're the most handsome man today."

"Today? Only today?" Jimin asks in amusement.

"Don't exaggerate. There can only be one worldwide handsome and I'm willing to let you have the title for today." Jin says dramatically, making Jungkook laugh in disbelief.

"Don't listen to him, Jimin." Namjoon shakes his head at Jin.

"You know, now that you're getting married. Will you make us uncles soon?" Jungkook asks jokingly, making Jimin pout in thoughts.

"Why not?" Jimin shrugs.

"That means your jokes will evolve into a dad joke." Jin winks, making Jimin groan as he knew what was coming. "Listen when does a joke become a dad joke? When it's a-parent."

Jimin shakes his head as Jin bursts into fits of laughter. He remembers when Maeve had made that joke when they used to date four years ago. He smiles softly at the memories he had with her, the smiles, the tears, the heartache. All that had made him into the man he was today and he would forever be grateful for it. He'd learned to accept to pain and face it.

"I'm pretty sure Maeve made that joke years ago." Namjoon says as he looks at Jin in disbelief.

"It didn't have the same effect because Jimin was considering being a dad." Jin points out after calming down, making Jimin chuckle softly.

His eyes open, stretching out as he sighs and smiles at the dream he had. It made his heart skip a beat. The last time he had a dream of her, it had been a memory, but now it was just a dream. His consciousness expressing its desire in a form of a dream. And he'd make sure it would come true.

He shifts slightly to turn around and a sense of deja vu hits him as he smiles at her sleeping form. Knowing she won't be waking up anytime now, he gets out of bed and walks out of their shared room to their makeshift music room. This was where he'd come to write songs while staying at home, where he's store the instruments he owned.

As he makes his way towards the desk he unlocks one of the drawers, before opening it and smiles at the velvet box hidden in it. He definitely would make his dream come true someday soon. He closes the drawer as he can hear the soft sound of steps resonating in the hall.

"What are you doing here at this hour? Isn't today supposed to be your day off?" She asks as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"I just had to check something." He hums before making his way to her and wrapping his arms around her. "Good morning."