ix. 꿈

Twenty minutes. He had twenty minutes until he had to get on stage. Twenty minutes to get his emotions under control. He glances towards Taehyung, who he hasn't talked to for a week. He wanted to go to his best friend for comfort, but Taehyung was mad at him for having lied for nearly a year.

It had now been a month since the break up. Nearly two weeks ago, after a breakdown, Jimin had finally told his friends about the relationship he had had with Maeve. He wanted to keep hiding it now that it was over, but when they started noticing the fact that she wasn't as present as she usually was - and the way he had started acting differently - he could no longer hide it.

Taehyung had gotten extremely mad at him and he understood why. Jimin couldn't blame him. He blamed himself for not only hurting Maeve, but also for having ruined the friendship she had with the other members. His heart clenches at the thought and he tries to keep his tears at bay. He glances away from Taehyung and looks down at the table in front of him mindlessly.

"You okay?" Namjoon asks as he walks up to Jimin from behind. Jimin looks up and looks at Namjoon through the reflection of the mirror.

"Yeah. I'll be okay." Jimin says, not noticing the worried look from Taehyung in the reflection of the mirror. Jimin glances back down at the table, reaching out to one of the makeup utensils, fiddling with it as he tried to stay calm.

This was their first show of the tour. He couldn't mess up. He had to do one thing right. He wouldn't ruin this the way he ruined... no he should not let himself think like that. At least not right now.

He would be fine. He had his friends with him, who would be there to support him through this. The concert will be great, just the way it should be. He continues to try and convince himself that he is okay. But as he glances up and sees Taehyung talking to Yoongi with a wide smile, his heart drops.

Was he going to lose his best friend the way he lost her? Had he ruined everything. His mind kept coming up with negative thoughts, a never ending flow. His breathing becomes shallow as tears burn his eyes. His hands grip tightly on the armrest as everything turned blurry. His heart kept beating faster and faster.

He pushes himself up from the chair and tries to make his way out of the room, but he stumbles slightly over his own feet from how weak he felt. This does not go unnoticed and Taehyung does not hesitate to rush to him. As Taehyung looks at Jimin, his eyes widen in even more worry.

"Please don't leave me."

"Jimin. Wake up." He gasps out and sits up to be met with the worried eyes of his best friend. Jimin looks at Taehyung in panic, unable to differentiate between the dream and reality. "I'm not leaving. I'm right here."

As those words of reassurance leave Taehyung, Jimin let's the tears out and gets pulled into a hug. Jimin clutches tightly on to Taehyung's shirt, afraid this is still a dream... or a bad memory.

"I'm not going anywhere."