Chapter 11

I never knew how terrified I was of them until I had to hideaway. The first thing I did when I got into the city and head straight for Korey's apartment, but I would be a fool if I didn't notice them standing outside the doors. I would be a fool if I didn't notice them hovering outside of Cilly's place as well. It wasn't safe. They knew I would go straight to my only crutch, my dear friends.

I found myself staying outside of Korey's apartment in the ever-growing cold, hoping to see a glimpse of my dear friend, but it was for naught.

They were everywhere I could tell that much. That first month or so I found myself living in an abuse shelter. Many times I had to question myself.

'Was I being abused?"

My previous knowledge of abuse started and stopped at physical, but staying in that place I realized it was far more than that. It was a great place with such kind and lovely souls. I found myself finding friendship again. They even helped me get a job. It was a small convenience store, but it was perfect. I could finally be independent again. I could finally go back to being myself. unfortunately, that would not last long.

I escaped exactly 10 months ago. I moved on from the shelter finding a better-paying job and finally getting back my sense of self. Of course, this was all possible because I found myself in another city. I purposefully took a job far from my home city. Somewhere I knew I could start over without them and their minions searching for me.

I found a job at a simple firm as a secretary. Far from my background in PR, I had to change my name and change my life. that woman was no more, at least for now.

It was at this job that my new life started to crumble around me.

It was almost lunchtime and I was chatting with Marie about where to go for our lunch break. Marie was one of the several lovely co-workers I had and I was appreciative of her friendship.

"There is this new Italian place not too far from here, though do I want pasts to sit on my stomach the rest of the day is the questions." She pondered

"Oh, but this awesome Thai place on Satin seems good. I heard great reviews," I suggested

"Tiffany!" I heard my boss yell from his office.

I left Marie with the promise of picking up the discussion later and entered Thomas Williams' office.

"Yes, Mr. Williams?" I asked

"We have new clients coming in for a meeting in an hour. Would you set up the conference room for us? "He asked

"Of course sir I will set it up now," I said heading for the door.

"Meet us once you come back from lunch as well." He said

I went quickly setting up the conference rooms. Making sure water and fruits were readily available. I set up the projector and the laptops as well.

Marie and I had left before the new clients came, but we knew they were still here when we got back.

Everyone in the office was abuzz with them and I was unsure why.

"Hey Tiffany, bosses want you in there as soon as possible," Heather said as soon as she saw me

I nodded laying my purse on my desk and making my way to the conference room.

I should have known. I should have known I could never get away. Maybe if I had paid a little more attention. Maybe if I had been more careful I could have avoided it, but unfortunately, I ran headfirst into my doom.

The second I opened the conference room door I saw them.

"Ah, Tiffany comes in glad you are back," Thomas said waving me over, but I was frozen