Chapter 2: A gala

I was feeling much better about the dress 2 weeks later. I have been doing crunches to flatten out my stomach.

It didn't work, but I did make sure to eat light so I wasn't as bloated.

"All that ass Venus!" I heard Korey call from the doorway.

I rolled my eyes finally stepping from the platform and looking for my shoes.

It was a busy day today for all of us. The second I woke up Korey was already at my door ready to spirit me away for a spa session. I was poked, prodded, and plucked until my skin was shining, smooth, and soft.

After that, it was hair then makeup. The second we walked in they were over us like white on rice. My hair was washed, conditioned, blow-dried, and straightened. My stylist decided a sleek ponytail would due. Something simple that complimented my small face. The makeup artists decided the opposite. Decorating my face with smooth artistry. The smokey eyes look had a perfect blend of colors that flowed seamlessly into each other. The look darkened my eyes to present a sultry look that was befitting of the crimson dress.

Just an hour before the party we were stuffed in our dresses and ready to go.

Korey finally chose a simple black spaghetti strap dress with a large slit up the side. It fit her slender figure perfectly and showed off her blemish-free, smooth skin. The dress was considered risque, but she pulled it off elegantly.

Cecil arrived soon after we finished getting ready. He wore a simple black tux that gave a sort of slimming effect to his robust figure. Cecil was the exact opposite of the type of person Korey was expected to marry.

A lot of people wondered what Korey saw in Cecil.

When Korey met him, Cecil had virtually no self-esteem and did not take care of himself. But, Korey saw something him. She was like his other half. She defended him, protected him, helped him in every way possible. 5 years after they first met and Cecil was a changed man. It always warmed my heart to see the love in his eyes when he looked at Korey.

I hugged Cecil and went to wait with Cilly at the front of the shop.

Cilly donned a black jumpsuit with a bedazzled belt around the middle. A sheer black fabric hung off her shoulders. The entire look was like a sleek and sophisticated superhero which represented Cilly completely.

We all rode together in one of Korey's limos and my nerves were getting worse and worse with each mile.

The event was held at the Jerrison's estate right outside the city. I have always seen pictures of the place, but nothing did it justice.

The driveway was long and decorated with lights strung up in the trees and lights on each side of the drive.

The drive led to a circular area right in front of the house. Reporters and paparazzi lined each side of a thick red carpet.

The mansion was more like a castle. Stone with large spires jutting from the base. Made from a white stone carved so smoothly not a piece out of place. It looked almost like a dollhouse.

"Oh god." I breathed nerves making my hands shake uncontrollably.

Cilly grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"It will be better after we get inside," Cilly whispered

I nodded throwing back two more glasses of champagne before following her and Korey out of the car.

My eyes were immediately blinded by the flashing lights. My ears were overwhelmed with various voices calling our names.

"Korey Korey look here!"