THE KING'S ASSASSIN

The Great Greenwood was a merry place filled with parties you'll never regret attending and people you'll never forget. King Thranduil and his lovely wife Queen Elodiel ruled the land with their kin dancing until the ends of the forest even the beautiful elven path that leads to their kingdom was filled with much beauty. 

Lands from far away journey to the Great Greenwood to see the beauty of the forest, and be with merry people, humans venture to even get a single glimpse of the beautiful kingdom, hobbits tell tales of the great Greenwood, and Dwarves envied them. Queen Elodiel was great friends with the other wives of the Lords in different kingdoms such as Lady Galadriel and Lady Celebrain. 

Lady Galadriel was known for her beautiful golden hair and glowing beauty, Lady Celebrain was known for her kindness and beauty and Queen Elodiel was known for her love for nature and how wherever she goes beauty surrounds her. King Thranduil loved his Queen with all of his heart, she was there when his father died, and when his mother sailed to Valinor. She was there in times of need. Queen Elodiel knew Thranduil more than he knows himself. She meant the world to him, and she was his everything. 

She was even more precious than any gold or gem to Thranduil. 

He simply couldn't live without her and she without him.

One day in autumn King Thranduil and Queen Elodiel was blessed with their first born. "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo my little leaf." (A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting) Queen Elodiel whispered to her baby as she kissed his head for the first time. "Our dear Legolas." King Thranduil said as he cradled both in his arms. "Amin mela lle Melamin," (I love you my love) Thranduil said as he kissed his wife tenderly "Amin mela lle Mela' en coiamin." (I love you love of my life) she replied back. The kingdom rejoiced and celebrated of the birth of their new Prince, the heir to the throne. 

~*~*~*~*~*

but now Thranduil sat on his Throne with an empty throne next to him. The gates were shut and his cold heart was broken. He sat there emotionless listening to the cries of his people as they weep and the sorrow that lingered through the whole kingdom. Thranduil gripped the sides of his throne trying to not think of that day, the day his world came falling apart, the day he lost everything. 

King Thranduil and Queen Elodiel mounted their horses with Legolas in Thranduil's arms since Queen Elodiel wasn't used to carrying anything while on a horse. They led their people as they made their way towards Rivendell where they will show Prince Legolas to middle earth. He would be blessed by Saruman the White. Queen Elodiel smiled to her husband as they started trotting through the land. Her emerald dress flowing over her white horse and silver cloak that covered her shoulders. Her crown rested upon her head. (Displayed on the side) Thranduil admired his wife as they made their way through the Misty mountains, the snow getting caught in Elodiel's golden blonde hair. 

"Lle naa vanima." (You are beautiful) Thranduil said to his wife, his wife's head turned towards him and gave him a warm smile. With Legolas in his left arm Thranduil stretched out his right arm to hold his wife's hand both of them shared a moment. A moment they'll never get tired of, a moment that will always be with them. They finally reached the top of the mountains but what they didn't expect was an earthquake. The earth shook beneath them, the mountain shaking violently. Thranduil's grip on his wife and son tightened. but as the earth shook beneath them the snow on the mountain started falling creating a landslide. The horses whined and the ground crumbled beneath some of their kin making them fall.

Queen Elodiel looked at her husband with pure fear in her eyes, Thranduil looked into his wife's green scared eyes. "Uuma dela!" (Don't worry) Thranduil assured his wife. Suddenly the ground beneath Elodiel's horses' feet crumbled and she took ahold of her husband's hand with both of her hands gripping tightly. "Tua amin!" (Help me!) Thranduil shouted to his warriors who tried to come to his aid even when the earth was still shaking violently. "Thranduil." Elodiel whimpered as she felt her horse tugging her towards the cliff that seem to have no end. but before Thranduil could hand Legolas to the warrior beside him, before he could save his precious wife her hand slipped through his and within a blink of an eye...

Elodiel was falling off the cliff, her piercing scream echoed through the whole mountain, her gaze still upon her husband and her only son who were staring at her with horror and she kept their gaze until they were nothing but tiny dots.

"ELODIEL!!" Thranduil screamed at the top of his lungs.

 When the earthquake was done only five warriors were gone but only one was grieved the most. They quickly traveled to the bottom of the mountain wasting no time, one guard going out to Rivendell to send word. Thranduil quickly making his way to the bottom to find his wife. It took them exactly the same time they got to the top of the mountain which was two days but they arrived one day and a half. They searched and searched for Thranduil's beloved one, his one precious jewel he couldn't afford to lose. He frantically looked for his wife with Legolas still in his arms. 

"My King," one of the warriors called out, Thranduil quickly made his way towards the warrior to only see Queen Elodiel's crown in his hands. "no..... Elodiel." Thranduil whispered as he took her crown in his hands. Legolas cried at the sight of his mother's crown but no mother. "Shhh... don't cry my little leaf." Thranduil cooed as a silent and lonely tear ran down Thranduil's face. 

After that Lord Elrond and his wife including Lady Galadriel and her husband arrived they all searched for Queen Elodiel but no sign of her was to be found. but not far up ahead they spotted giant spiders that came in from the north. After a year of searching no sign was found of Queen Elodiel.

It happened long long ago, Thranduil's heart became ice. The great Greenwood wasn't merry anymore. The elven path that led to their kingdom was abandoned and was left to rot. The trees didn't bloom like they used to and their kingdom was closed. Thranduil grew cold and harsh, he yelled more often and cried himself to sleep to only dream about nightmares of his wife's green eyes as she fell deeper and deeper. He missed his wife, he missed everything about her. Thranduil's broken heart was left in closed walls with its pieces slowly rusting and his heart rotting. 

The only thing that could at least cover the pain were gems, gems of star light. It reminded him of his wife and when the dwarves didn't give him he turned away and was known as King Thranduil the greedy selfish elven king. Their kin grown distant from the others but it did not matter anymore. Thranduil was a broken elf the only thing keeping him alive was his son, their son, Legolas. 

King Thranduil sat once again on his throne with an empty throne next to him with only his imagination to pretend she was right next to him.