HELP THEM PLEASE

What?" Linesse asked even with her heightened hearing she couldn't hear what Thranduil said but Thranduil quickly walked passed her and said "You must be cold." as he went off to another closet searching for a blanket "Just please tell me who I am," Linesse said as she watched Thranduil scrambling inside the closet "We must get you warm first." Thranduil said "but--" Linesse was cut off as Thranduil said "We surely don't want you to catch a cold." 

"Please just tell me who I am!?" Linesse yelled, Thranduil stopped what he was doing as he just pulled out a blanket and wrapped it around her saying "You will might not like what I am about to tell you," "Just tell me who I am? I know I forgot my memories-- never mind-- forget I said that. I don't care if I was your slave, or a simple elleth living in some kingdom or a warrior just tell me who--" "--My wife." Thranduil whispered but his voice echoed through the room making Linesse go dead silent. Linesse didn't know what to think as he said those two words that made her question everything she has been through, was she hearing correctly?

"I can't believe this." she said to herself she didn't want to believe that she was actually the wife of a very cold and cruel person. Yes, Thranduil had the looks that he could make any elleth who walked this land melt with just a simple wink but Thranduil was known more than just elleth melting ellon, he was a cruel King who cared for no one but him and the people who stood beside him. He was known for treating his prisoners viciously, for the greed of gems that he would cut off relations with people if they didn't obey him or fulfill his wishes. Thranduil was mad with greed and pure anger, what Linesse thought was how could someone so cruel have a wife? or how could a person love someone so cruel? Linesse thought he forcefully had intercourse with an elleth and that's why Thranduil had Legolas the last thing or simply she would have never thought of Thranduil having a wife. 

"I won't force you to believe it, you seek information from me and I shall give you the information you seek." he answered calmly if she was his wife then he would have embraced her and cherished her the moment he saw her that's what Linesse thought "How do I know you are not lying?" she asked "I am an honest King, Linesse, I would never lie to someone especially when that person is dear to me." he said a small smile creeping up on his face "but before we say anything further I have gems to collect," Thranduil said as he took off his robe to reveal armor. Thranduil didn't really want to leave his wife especially since she came all the way here to seek him and this time not to kill him but he planned on getting those gems from the mountain and presenting them to her as a gift.

"What are you talking about?" Linesse asked confused to see the elven King in armor trying her best not to gawk at his biceps that was still visible under his armor. "The dwarves have returned in Erebor." he said "But there is a dragon unless..." Linesse's eyes widen as things finally clicked the dwarves have escaped from Mirkwood and was heading towards Erebor and that's when they seek Bard's help but Bard knew what would follow if they awaken the beast, it would destroy lake town. Wasn't he thinking of what might happen to her or his kids? "That would destroy lake town!" Linesse exclaimed as she started to panic.

"Yes." 

"You must help them," Linesse pleaded "Please." no matter how much Thranduil wanted to give in and help his wife save lake town-- yes he would do anything to make her remember but he wouldn't risk, his, Legolas' or even his wife's life just for it. He rather not let her remember at all than to see her die again. 

"As much as I want to help you my dear, I would not risk my people even Legolas' life for some strangers." Thranduil said as kindly as he could but Linesse was boiling with anger. Linesse glared at Thranduil as hard as she could she stomped towards him until they were only inches apart she then hissed "Well those strangers down there are family to me they have been taking care of me for many years and yet you were here hiding in your wonderful home along with your precious gems, we are not lucky as you Thranduil and if you are not willing to help the people who kept me alive while you couldn't then I shall go alone." without waiting for Thranduil's reply Linesse stormed off towards Lake town once again jumping off the balcony. 

Linesse's words cut Thranduil deeply, her words sting like fire. 

Thranduil shook his head to not succumb to the grief that consumed him before, he angrily glared at the balcony where Linesse jumped off "What's with her and that balcony.... I shall have that balcony removed as soon as possible." he said to himself as he marched off to head to Erebor hoping to stop Linesse in time before she walked again into her own deathbed.

***

Linesse saw the smoke coming from Lake town her heart doubled its pace as she saw a red figure floating in the sky. 

Smaug.