4.The Voyberg Pact

High within the snowy, rugged mountainous ranges of Alpsvelstadt's capital of Voyberg, nations were deliberating over how to strike back against the Tengu menace that had literally descended from above.

Vistulionir's representative in the meeting, listened as her counterparts bickered back and forth.

Fifty nations met to form an alliance against a formidable opponent who had literally descended down from the heavens.

Twenty seven out of the fifty nations gathered had fully pledged their entire nations industrial and military resources to the coalition while the rest would supply food, ammunition as well as conduct research and development.

The final decision to solidify this pact was presented to the ambassadors of Gaia's superpowers  — Frankland, Khyan-Qi, and Hudrington.

A tense atmosphere filled the room as representatives from these three great powers read the document.

"Zu strowyitzi iey!," a voice among the other representatives yelled, much to their surprise and astonishment.

All eyes turned towards Vistulionir's representative, Nadia Ludmiliya.
"What did she say?!," they murmured amongst themselves mostly due to not understanding her language and partly out of curiousity.

Alpsvelstadt's leader, Marshall Yarhelm Schutz, rose from his seat overlooking the stands and took a deep breath before kindly requesting that the ambassadors simmer down after which he called Nadia out and asked that she repeat herself.

Sighing, she apologised for her sudden outburst and calmly repeated her words, "Please, would you all make haste?."

Yarhelm had understood why she acted that way. Her country was bearing the brunt of the invasion and each second spent here would cost more lives there.

"Please kindly proceed with the signing. ," he said to the three ambassadors from the superpower nations.

Those three old men who looked to be sixty years of age leaned forward holding their pen over the paper document to sign their signatures on it.

The ambassador from Khyan-Qi bowed while Hudrington's and Frankland's silently shook their heads in acknowledgement of each other.

Separating away to their respective seats in the parapets, Marshall Yarhelm then took his place on the podium standing in the centre of the conference room.

"Respected officials, I on behalf of the people of Alpsvelstadt would like to extend a hand of gratitude to all your leaders and countrymen. This historic moment would not have been possible with you. Thank you... ," he said giving his speech with wholehearted passion and continued on before passing it on to a certain individual, " And now, let us give a moment for Madame Nadia, she wishes to tell us something."

Nadia was taken off-guard by this sudden announcement and hesitantly stood up from her seat before walking down towards the podium.

As she walked down, all eyes felt like they were peering into her soul with a murmur here and a whisper there from among the observing ambassadors.

The Marshall had an unexpectedly soft smile as he stood beside the steps leading up the podium. He usually had a stern look painted on his face most of the times and only would he smile when helping others or in this case instill a sense of urgency and reality into the nations who had yet to face the full might of a Tengu army.

Grabbing her arm lightly right when she was about to step up the podium, he motioned for her lend an ear.

"I understand your pain, Madame Nadia but most of these fools don't. Enlightenment them, show them the sacrifices that your country made to keep those vermin Tengu at bay. , " he whispered to Nadia who was surprised at first but understood soon after.

All eyes focused on her standing on the white marble podium, she took a deep breath and brought the mic closer to speak, "My fellow ambassadors, again I would like to apologize for my sudden outburst--it was ill mannered of me but please, listen as to why it happened. Vistulionir and it's people have made great sacrifices in order for me to participate in this meeting of great nations... but... the cost is heavy... ten thousand lives were snuffed the day before in Pyskova's evacuation site... innocent lives... precious to all..."

Pausing for a moment, she recompose herself after choking up and getting teary eyed then continued.

"However, a brave corp of Reservists – V-Corp, still fight on within it's ruins even after witnessing the massacre of their country from across the river that cut through the city. Even then, enemy forces still carry out raids through my nations eastern half... I'm afraid if we fail to send adequate aid to it... It will be lost. , " ending her speech she stepped down and walked towards the Marshall perhaps to show her gratitude.

The audience sat in pin-drop silence which was broken occasionally by Nadia's foot steps coming down the podium stairs.

She then whispered into Marshall Yarhelm's ear a whole hearted thank you and was about to return to her seat when the ambassador of Ursava stood up clapping his hands who was then joined by more and eventually all in thunderous applause.

Not knowing how to react, she let her tears of joy stream down her face as she absorbed the ovation and applause echoing through the room.

From then on, all nations that signed the pact were hence forth collectively called "The Voyberg Pact."