7.Plvdeniy Kino (Centre Stage)

President Osywiec ,awakening from a deep slumber, sat on the edge of his bed at late midnight. He couldn't help but feel nothing except a foreboding sense of worry and dread.

Who were these Tengu, really? How long can his nation hold back the tide? And will the people stand with him till the end ?

Sliding a pair of slippers on his feet, he wore his night robe and flicked on the light switches of the bedroom and opened the windows to let in the cool refreshing night air.

His home was rather simple for a man such as him. A humble place which was more of a large cottage with a red tiled roof and a vineyard around it where at the edges was surrounded by high walls of concrete with watch towers and guard houses. He was a simple man.

The night was tranquil and calm yet somewhere on the eastern part of this land it was a stark contrast where steel and fire danced a destructive waltz where each step left ashes and ruination in its wake.

"Ah, what a waste of good sleep. ," he lightly complained opening the door to his porch where there was a lawn chair fully reclined.

"Heh. You're getting young and restless again, Osy. ," he jokingly said to himself leaning back on the lawn chair.

In the far off distance, the torches of his security guards could be seen like little dots of lights bopping around.

He sat with doubtful thoughts while looking up at the stars and moon casting their distant light on the land and vines in front of him.

"So, what's on your mind, old mate ?," he asked himself and responded,"How much longer till help comes ? Will it even come ?"

This went on till dawn had begun to creep through the night sky and that was when the pleasant atmosphere had begun to softly caress him to sleep only to be woken up by a phone call.

Hurriedly he went inside and answered.
On the other end was his daughter, Nadia, who had called to tell his father of the outcome of their meeting at Voyberg where she had been given the responsibility of being Vistulionir's ambassador.

"Oh, Nadia. Is everything okay? How was the meeting ?"

"Oh it was better than I had hope, papa. Almost all the nations have signed the pact and talks of sending military will be finalized in roughly three days," she answered maturely can be but for her father, Nadia would always be a hopeful that bright and hopeful toddler. This she knew when replying,"And papa, don't question why I'm calling you this late. Meeting was adjourned an hour ago."

Osywiec chuckled a bit, "Let's keep away from business for now, why don't you tell how your day went ? You know, as kids these days say, 'de-stress'. "

This leisure chat between father and daughter went on for another hour and then another till Nadia realising that the clock had now struck half past 2 decided to wrap up their conversation.

"Okay papa, I love you. Goodnight."

"Love you too, sweetie."

And back to their slumber they went but the father still plagued by worrying thoughts couldn't do so and thus lay as such till morning came.

Soon morning arrived and it was time for another session of discussions and decision making for Osywiec and his advisory board at the National Diet building.

Downing a glass of milk and gobbling up a chicken sandwich, he hurriedly took a bath and got dressed for office.

At the gate his driver, Samir, was waiting for him in an armoured car behind which were an identical pair used by their escort details.