(ovenbreak) Lilac x reader

Requested by Audennetannanda, hope you like it!

Note: reader will use they/them!

The cookie let out a sigh as they sat down, a small smile forming on their face as they heard the waves hitting the shore.

It was one of the rare moments they had time for themselves, Gingerbrave and friends out in town to buy supplies for the journey.

And while usually they would accompany them, a small break was also nice.

"And I'm sure they will be fine for a few hours" they thought, eyes closing as they relaxed.

Though they weren't alone for long, and soon the sweet scent of lilacs hit their senses.

They didn't open their eyes as the cookie stood at their side. They knew who it was anyway.

"Have I ever told you the lilac scent reminds me of home?"

"..."

"Back in Hortensia town, the sweet smell of flowers filled the air. It brings good memories"

"... Hortensia town is far away"

"It is. And though I miss it sometimes, I don't regret joining Gingerbrave and the others"

"... A noisy group, they attract a lot of attention to themselves, just like him" Lilac said with a small sigh, earning a small chuckle from them.

"Maybe, but… they are good cookies"

Silence fell between the two cookies, and they thought Lilac would take his leave at that point.

But to their surprise, he took a seat at their side, eyes fixed on the sea as he did.

"You are… strange. Not like other cookies I had met before. Tell me more about yourself, (Y/N)"