Kumiho x reader

Requested by thisanxiousfrog, hope you like it!

Note: reader will use they/them!

Kumiho tried to maintain her cookie form most of the time.

Being a real cookie was all she ever wanted, after all. And maintaining her form was just a small sacrifice in her eyes.

Though sometimes it was too much for her, even if she didn't want to admit it.

She was able to hide it pretty well from all the cookies… all except one.

Kumiho raised an eyebrow as a familiar hand took her free hand, a smile forming on her face at the moment.

"Hiya (Y/N)! Missed me that much?"  She said with a wink, chuckling as the cookie blushed.

"Maybe, but… that's not important right now. Let's go" they said, quickly pulling her to a familiar path.

The two of them quickly arrived at their secret spot, and they were soon sitting against a tree, her hand still in theirs.

"Cutie Pie, why are we…"

"You are tired. I can see it in your face" they quickly said, looking at her with a worried gaze.

"... It seems like you looked through my charm once again" she said with a tired chuckle, eyes closing as she leaned against them.

"You need to take a break, you know? I don't want you to faint in the middle of the kingdom"

"Aaww, are you that worried about me?"

"... Yes, yes I am" they said with a sigh, their eyes meeting her own.

"Take a break? Please?"

"... I guess I can't say no to such a cute face" Kumiho said with a sigh and, with a puff of smoke, a small fox stood where the cookie had been.

Without a word, Kumiho climbed to their lap, and fell asleep almost at the moment.

The cookie chuckled softly, a hand moving to pet her as they closed their own eyes.

Kumiho's true form was a secret for everyone.

But she would always let her walls down just for them.