(kingdom) Dark Choco x female! Reader

Requested by Lovlywastaken, hope you like it!

The cookie let out a small sigh, gazing at the forest in front of her.

He was late.

Very late.

He had never been late, and she couldn't help but worry.

Had he found troubles on the way? Had he been discovered? Was he in danger?

Maybe she should go and try to find him…

A pair of familiar arms made their way around her before the cookie could move from her spot, immediately pulling her to a very familiar cookie.

(Y/N) relaxed at the moment, letting out a relieved sigh.

"You worried me, Dark Choco. I thought something happened to you" she said very softly, earning a small hum from the other.

"I apologize. The small cookie, Poison Mushroom, insisted in following me around today"

"It took me a while to dodge them"

"As long as you are fine, dear" she whispered, turning around to look at him.

Dark Choco, the usual serious cookie, was smiling softly in her direction.

It was a side only she was allowed to see. A more vulnerable Dark Choco, who let down his walls for her and only her.

"How much time do we have before Pomegranate suspects you are here?" 

"A few hours I would say"

"Care for a walk then?"

Dark Choco nodded, breaking the embrace. Though one of his hands was holding hers at the moment.

Hand in hand, the two cookies started their stroll down the forest path, sharing stories and enjoying the others' company.

Both cookies hoped that, one day, they wouldn't need to meet in secret. That one day they wouldn't need to act as they don't know the other.

But for the moment, being able to enjoy the other's company… that was enough for them.