𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

~

*three days later*

It's now Monday, and pat was sick of this 'ignorance' going on between jay and Dylan, it's like they're two little kids again who are just as bad as each other, especially since jays the adult. So she grabbed his phone and rolled his eyes as he pulled up jays number. It was currently 7am and Dylan was in her room getting ready for school.
Jay: "what's up?"
Pat: "I don't care about what you and Dylan have going on right now. But I'm sick of her staying in her room all day, so if you two could grow up and sort out whatever issues you have, that'd be great. I don't want a moody teenager moping around any longer, okay?"
Jay: "woah, we don't have any issues. I just gave her a lecture, that's all"
Pat: "well your sister seems to think otherwise. I don't know what you said to her on Friday, but you should've seen the state she was in later that night"
Jay: "what're you talking about?"
Pat: "she came to me, sobbing her heart out, because she misses your mother"
Jay: "I might've mentioned mom... I'll come see her before she goes to school"
Pat: "good, because I thought I got rid of the toddler stage decades ago"
Jay: "yeah yeah"

~

Dylan looked up as her door creaked open, to see a familiar face stood in her door way, "can I come in?" Jay raised his eyebrows. She nodded halfheartedly then looked away from him to continue straightening her hair in the mirror, he sat down on the bed behind her so he could make eye contact with her through the mirror whilst she got ready. There was a small moment of awkward silence before jay sighed, "look, what happened on Friday was a blip, alright? I'm not mad at you, sure I was worried and pissed off during the time, but I'm not gonna go on and on about it. It's over now and we're good, okay?" He nodded. She looked at him through the mirror and nodded, "okay" she sighed and turned around to face him whilst continuing to straighten a strand of her hair. He smiled weakly, "I'm sorry" she sighed. He smiled and held his arm out, "it's done and dusted now, let's move on alright? Just don't ignore my instructions again, okay?" He sighed. She nodded and accepted his hug and she held the straighteners away from him to avoid burning his arm.

"Look, I gotta go to work but if you wanna have a movie night with Will and me tonight, we can" he smiled. She smiled back and nodded as he walked over to the door.  "Yeah" she nodded.  He smiled, "see you later then" he turned around to walk out of her room but before he could, something made him turn back around in concern.  As he went to close the door behind him, the hissing sound of something really hot colliding with skin made him turn back around.  He re-entered Dylan's room to see the straighteners resting on her arm, "woah... Jesus Christ, Dylan" he ran over to her and took them from her hands.  He set them out of the way, switched them off, and took her arm in his hands before looking at the burn which already looked pretty nasty, "Dylan? C'mon honey..." he looked up at her to see that she was having another absence seizure.  Usually, he isn't too concerned when she has them because they're so regular, but given that she had just dropped a hot iron on her arm, it worried him a little.

"Dad!" He yelled from his placed next to her on the bed. After a few seconds, pat appeared in the doorway with a confused look on his face, "go get the first aid kit" jay looked up at him. Pat nodded and walked into the bathroom before returning with a small green box. "Dyl?" Jay nudged her arm slightly, still nothing. Pat folded his arms, "is she out of it?" He frowned. Jay began wrapping the burn up in a small bandage, "yeah, do me a favour and start timing it, she's already on at least 40 seconds" he sighed in concern.