𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

~

*one week later*

              Will found himself strolling down the hall of his dads apartment complex in a hurry, his scrubs still on due to rushing since jays call sounded quite worrying.  He opened the door and strolled on it without any warning to see Pat sat on his usual armchair and jay sprawled across the couch with a beer can in his hands just watching the bears game.  "I thought I told you to let me know if the chest pain got any worse?" The red head scoffed and folded his arms.  Pat waved him off, "who called you?" He scoffed back.  "I did" jay rolled his eyes.  Pat huffed, "I'm fine, now stop worrying" he scolded his sons.  Jay shot Will a pissed off glare, "you're coming to med, dad" Will sighed.  "Going to med my ass, not a chance" pat objected. 

~

                 "I can't believe you're ignoring me" pat scoffed as will held the car door open.  Jay hopped out of his truck and folded his arms as he waited for his dad to hurry up, "if you're forcing me here that means I'm practically your patient, so why aren't you respecting your patients wishes?" Pat groaned and got out of the car.  Will pulled a face, "you're my dad, I don't need to respect your wishes when you're ill" he sighed and nudged his arm to get the old man moving.  Pat shook his head, "I'm not ill, you're just being dramatic" he coughed.  Will nodded, "oh yeah? That cough doesn't sound 'not ill' to me" he huffed.  Jay shook his head, "Will both of you cut it out? You're acting like assholes" he held the door open.  Will went to grab a wheelchair but Pat grabbed his arm, "don't you dare" he grit his teeth.  Will shook his head and signalled for jay to lead the way.

~

             "The eco scan showed a little abnormality in your left chamber, the activity was a little slower than i would've liked, but it doesn't raise too much concern given that you did have a valve replacement 6 months ago. I wanna keep you in overnight..." dr Rhodes began explaining but pat cut him off, "no way" he groaned.  Will rolled his eyes, "yes way, now let Connor finish" he shook his head.  Connor nodded at Will, "like I was saying, I wanna keep you in overnight for observation, and if everything's looking up in the morning I'll send you home with a short course of medication. It should settle that cough right down, it might even make breathing a little easier for you on the whole" he finished his conclusion. Pat nodded, "fine" he sighed. Jay nodded and smiled before patting Connor on his shoulder as the doctors left the room. Will smiled, "thanks Connor" he nodded. Connor smiled back before fully leaving. It was now around 2:15pm on a sunny Wednesday.

~

                 Jay was sat looking through a golfing magazine as Will stood blankly staring at his dads machines which were beeping with all kinds of rhythmic beats.  Pat was too busy focusing on the second half of the Blackhawks game that he had missed early today, so he wasn't paying much attention.  The brunette looked up from where he sat on the chair, it was now around 5:35pm and something didn't quite feel right anymore.  He put the magazine and furrowed his brows, the room sounded too quiet, way too quiet to be filled with halsteads, and it felt like he was forgetting something but he couldn't quite put a finger on it.  "I feel like I'm missing something" he sighed in defeat.  Both of the remaining Halsteads looked over at him with a dumbfounded glare, they didn't notice anything.

                   "Did you tell Hank you were here?" Will shrugged.  Jay nodded, "I did that this morning..." he sighed.  They all shared a moments silence before something stuck Will like a brick, "Dylan..." he gasped slightly.  Jay stood up immediately and grabbed his car keys, "well shit..." he sighed and threw his jacket on before leaving the room in a hurry.  Pat yawned, "that's why it's so quiet" he closed his eyes slightly.  Will rubbed his chin, "stop talking and get some sleep, she'll be fine" he sighed. But the truth is that they had forgotten about their sister for nearly three hours, and she hasn't contacted them once, so that worried him a little...

~

                 Jay tapped his car keys against his leg as he stood anxiously in the elevator, he's really hoping that Dylan is somewhere around here since she hasn't left a single message for anyone and she had gotten out of school well over two hours ago.  He nervously stepped onto the 23rd floor and looked around, his heart rate instantly slowing down when he saw his little sister on the floor outside of the apartment, asleep, against the wall. He sighed quietly as he slowly strolled over to her, he crouched down and placed a hand on her shoulder before giving her a gentle shake. She opened her eyes to see jay with raised eyebrows, "where the hell is dad?" She yawned after gathering her surroundings. He smiled weakly about the situation, "he's at med, c'mon" he held his hand out. She used his help to stand up and slung her school bag onto her shoulders again.

"What? Why? When did he go to med?" She followed him down the hall. He nodded, "he had a few chest pains, but it's nothing too serious so don't worry about it. He went in this morning..." he pressed the button on the wall. Dylan nodded and took in the information as they stepped into the lift. She looked up at him in confusion after a few seconds, "wait, if he went to med this morning... why was no one around for so long?" She shook her head. Jay rubbed his chin slightly, "uhh, we got busy" he nodded untruthfully. She gasped, "you guys forgot about me didn't you?" She smiled slightly. He looked down at her regretfully but smiled when he saw that she found it funny, "yeah, sorry about that" he shrugged with a smile. She slapped his arm and huffed, "I'm not easy to forget" she stuck her tongue out, "no you're aren't kiddo" he sighed.