𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡

~

*three weeks later*

               Dylan found herself sat in the principals office with confusion running through her mind, why was she called down here? She looked up eagerly as the door opened up, but to her surprise it wasn't the principal, it was jay.  She furrowed her brows slightly and stood up, "what's going on?" She shook her head.  Jay nodded towards the door, "Jackie just woke up from her coma, we're gonna go see her" he smiled weakly.  Dylan's eyes lit up, "really? Like for real?" She lead her brother out of the door.  Jay nodded, "like for real" he copied her enquiry with a little more certainty in his tone.

The car journey was partly silent, with the odd reassurance from each other every few minutes, but other than that Dylan was too preoccupied by her own mind running at approximately 100mph. She can't help but fear that Jackie won't be able to remember anything, her poor baby... She hadn't even realised that jay had stopped the car at med, and she most certainly didn't realise him watching her from the drivers seat, "hey, she'll be okay" he nudged her arm gently, he wasn't too sure if she was in a world of her own or having a seizure. She looked around, "oh, uh yeah..." she nodded weakly.

                  As the pair strolled into the ED, Will was fast to recognise them both, "she's in treatment 4" the red head nodded.  Dylan smiled weakly and nodded before following her older brother in the correct direction. Jay stepped out of the way to let Dylan through the door, the teenagers eyes softened once she saw Jackie laying in bed holding her baby. She smiled widely and knocked before entering. Jackie looked up slowly as her face turned from blank to relief, "oh dylan..." she held her spare arm out. Dylan smiled and wiped a happy tear away as she accept jackies side hug, jackies husband stood up to join jay outside.

                 Jay smiled weakly before turning his back to the door, "how's she taking all this?" The second man smiled weakly.  Jay nodded and looked over at him, "she struggled a lot at first, now she's learning to cope with it. She's back at school now though, hopefully therapy does it's thing" he sighed truthfully, "how's Jackie coping?" He added.  Michael, jackies husband, nodded, "well I'm happy she's getting better, and as for Jackie she's devastated. I don't think it's quite hit her yet" he sighed.  Jay smiled weakly, "and your little one?" Jay enquired.  Michael smiled, "she's doing really well, it's a miracle she survived actually. The docs said she wouldn't have made it if Dylan didn't get her to that diner when she did, so, thank you... so so much" he nodded tearfully.

                   Jay smiled proudly, knowing something good came out of all this makes things a little easier, "I'm sure Dylan'll be glad to hear that" he smiled again.  Michael smiled and took a deep breath, "does she have a name yet?" Jay smiled softly.  Michael chuckled lightly, "Lexi-mae Dylan O'Walker" he nodded.  Jays face dropped in shock, "it was jackies idea" Michael added.  Jay let out a small chuckle and rubbed his stubble, "Dylan'll love that" he smiled proudly.  God he is so proud of his sister...

~

Later that day; jay and hailey were sat on the couch whilst Dylan was sat in the floor doing her homework, "Jackie said she remembers everything, so people can stop saying that I'm lying now" Dylan spat out. Jay looked at hailey in confusion, "people are still saying that?" He sat up. Dylan kept her back to the pair, "they didn't stop, I just started ignoring them. But now I'm not the only one who remembers it all, so they have no reason to call me a liar anymore" she shrugged. Hailey frowned, "we've always believed you dyl, that's all that matters. Nobody can say otherwise" she smiled sadly at jay. Dylan slowly nodded, "I know, I just don't want people thinking I would lie about this" she sighed.

Jay frowned, "forget them Dylan, their opinions mean nothing. Focus on yourself" he planted a gentle kiss on her hair as he stood up to go grab another coffee for himself and hailey. Dylan smiled weakly, "can I have one?" She smirked. He laughed and shook his head, "not a chance" he disappeared into the kitchen. Hailey chuckled, "you can share mine" she rested her head on her hand. "I heard that!" Jay yelled from the kitchen. Dylan chuckled and smiled at hailey, maybe they're right. She believes herself and that's all that matters...