𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

~

                   Dylan woke up the next morning, on the couch, with the world biggest headache.  It turns out that crying for so long can give you pain from hell, how crazy is that?  Jay appeared from the kitchen with a cup of coffee for himself in his hands almost as if on cue, "hey you" he smiled and sat down on the other side of the couch.  She wiped the sleep away from her eyes and sat up so she count move closer to her brother, "you feeling alright?" He placed his hand on her forehead as she snuggled up into his side. She slowly shook her head, "headache?" He took a sip of his coffee. She nodded with her eyes closed and kept her arm around his waist, "alright, here you go..." he held his coffee out and held two tablets out in his hand.

She gratefully accepted the items and shoved the ibuprofen into her mouth before taking a small swig of his coffee, usually she would cringe at the taste of coffee but caffeine tastes really good right now... "are you not supposed to be in work?" She rested her head on his lap. Jay placed his hand on her head and brushed her hair, "not unless I get called in honey, we're having a lazy day today" he yawned. She smiled weakly to herself and nodded, "can hailey come over?" She caught his yawn. Jay smiled softly, "I'll text her now" he grabbed his phone. Dylan closed her eyes as jay began texting his girlfriend; even though they're together, they're taking it step by step.

~

                   At around 11:35am, hailey wandered through the front door, her pjs still on and a bag of snacks in her hand.  Dylan looked up through tired eyes and smiled, "hi" she stated softly.  Jay smiled at his sister who clearly adores his girlfriend so much.  Hailey smiled and walked over to the couch, giving jay a gentle kiss on the head, before sitting next to Dylan on the couch, "hey stink" she nudged her arm.  Dylan let out a small laugh but rested her head on the blondes arm, sometimes a girl just needs another girl to confide in...

"What're we watching?" Hailey ran her fingers along Dylan's arm, gently. Dylan sighed contently, "titanic..." she raised her eyebrows. Hailey smiled teasingly and looked down at them, "really?" She chuckled to herself, thats unlike the pair of them... Dylan smiled to herself, "Mmhmm, jays convinced he could've survived it" she shook her head. Jay huffed, "in all fairness, people did survive. I'd just be one of them" he shrugged. Both girls laughed, "you've got the same amount of brain cells as a goldfish" Dylan yawned. Jay scoffed, "likewise" he nudged her leg. Dylan smiled and yawned again, "remember what Will said, get rest when you need it" jay added on a more serious note. Dylan nodded and slowly closed her eyes, she could live in these moments for the rest of her life.

~

                   At around 4:25 Jay idly wandered up the stairs to find the bathroom light on, "dyl? This you?" He knocked on the door which was only slightly ajar.  He frowned as he heard the sound of someone throwing up; pushing the door open, he stepped inside and held his sister hair back, "the meds?" He rubbed her back.  She slowly stood up, flushed the toilet, and rinsed her mouth out with cool water, "yeah" she sighed.  He smiled sadly, "it'll get better" he planted a gentle kiss on her head.  Dylan smiled weakly before the pair went their separate ways, meaning Dylan rejoined hailey on the couch.

~

Later that night, at around 11:15pm, jay found himself stood in the doorway of Dylan's room, just watching his sister and and girlfriend sleeping. Dylan wanted hailey to stay with her, so Dylan now currently has her back pressed up against haileys chest whilst the blonde kept her arms draped over the teenager. It brought genuine happiness to his soul, knowing the two girl he loves the most get along just fine makes all of his worry's melt away. With a content chuckle, he slowly closed Dylan's bedroom door and wandered down the hall. He dived into bed and once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light...

~

The next morning was early, jay woke up to get ready for work, at 6:30am like he always does. On his way to the bathroom, he wandered past Dylan's room and poked his head inside, this might just be the first night she's sleep the whole way through. She usually wakes up screaming or crying from nightmares, she's even sleepwalked once, that scared him a little. Seeing a small teenager wandering around in the dark would probably scare anyone at night. Things are starting to look up, and he likes the idea of that...

*heyyyyy, sorry for the pause lol. I've managed to go the whole pandemic without catching covid (touch wood) but somehow manage to get wiped out by a stomach bug lol. Thanks for understanding and I hope you're all safe and well! :)*